Input Voltage Range of BasicRX board

If I want to apply the output (50 ohm) from a function generator
directly to the BasicRX inputs, what is the allowed voltage range that
can be applied:

  1. Without damaging anything?
  2. Without exceeding the range of the ADC?

Surely this kind of stuff is documented someplace. But where? I can’t
find anything on the Ettus website that has it.

Thanks.

Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS wrote:

If I want to apply the output (50 ohm) from a function generator
directly to the BasicRX inputs, what is the allowed voltage range that
can be applied:

  1. Without damaging anything?

3V pk-pk should be safe, since it won’t exceed the 3.3V supply voltage

  1. Without exceeding the range of the ADC?

The full-scale range of the ADC is 2 V pk-pk

If I want to apply the output (50 ohm) from a function generator
directly to the BasicRX inputs, what is the allowed voltage range
that
can be applied:

  1. Without damaging anything?

3V pk-pk should be safe, since it won’t exceed the 3.3V supply voltage

Thanks. Does this mean that the signals need to be DC offset so as never
to go below ground?

  1. Without exceeding the range of the ADC?

The full-scale range of the ADC is 2 V pk-pk

Is there an offset, or is it 0V to 2V?

Surely this kind of stuff is documented someplace. But where? I
can’t
find anything on the Ettus website that has it.

Is there someplace where this is documented?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks. Does this mean that the signals need to be DC offset so as never
to go below ground?

No, the transformer handles the biasing. You put in a signal that is
+/-1V

Is there an offset, or is it 0V to 2V?

no

Is there someplace where this is documented?

probably. I think the mail archives, and the user’s guide have it. The
schematics are the final arbiter…

Matt