Inochi newbie question - error running WordCount example on windows


#1

Hi folks,

I tried to run the example of WordCout but I got the following problem:

E:\projects\word_count>rake test --trace
(in E:/projects/word_count)
** Invoke test (first_time)
** Execute test
c:/ruby/bin/ruby -w -I. -Ilib -r word_count -e
# dump language phrases after exercising all code (and
# thereby populating the phrases cache) in the project
at_exit do
if ENV[‘dump_lang_phrases’] == ‘1’
file = “lang/phrases.yaml”
list = WordCount::PHRASES.phrases
data = list.map {|s| s + ‘:’ }.join("\n")

        File.write file, data

        puts "Extracted #{list.length} language phrases into

#{file.inspect}
"
end
end

    # set title of test suite
    $0 = File.basename(Dir.pwd)

    require 'minitest/unit'
    require 'minitest/spec'
    require 'minitest/mock'
    MiniTest::Unit.autorun

    Dir['test/**/*.rb'].sort.each do |test|
      unit = test.sub('test/', 'lib/')

      if File.exist? unit
        # strip file extension because require()
        # does not normalize its input and it
        # will think that the two paths (with &
        # without file extension) are different
        unit_path = unit.sub(/\.rb$/, '').sub('lib/', '')
        test_path = test.sub(/\.rb$/, '')

        require unit_path
        require test_path
      else
        warn "Skipped test #{test.inspect} because it lacks a

corresponding
#{unit.inspect} unit."
end
end

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/pathname.rb:709:in relative_path_from': different prefix: "c:/" and "E:/projects/word_count" (ArgumentError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/minitest-1.3.1/lib/minitest/unit.rb: 17 from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inge
m_original_require’
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
re quire' from -e:19 rake aborted! Command failed with status (1): [c:/ruby/bin/ruby -w -I. -Ilib -r word_coun...] c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:969:insh’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:982:in call' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:982:insh’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:1070:in sh' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:1003:inruby’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:1070:in ruby' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/inochi-0.3.0/lib/inochi/rake.rb:191:inrake’

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:617:in call' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:617:inexecute’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:612:in each' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:612:inexecute’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:578:in
invoke_with_call_c hain' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:insynchronize’
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake.rb:571:in
`invoke_with_call_c
hain’

It seems that is a rake problem with ‘sh’… Am I right? does anyone
have
gotten the same error? (and has solved it?)

thanks


#2

Hi,

Pablo Q. wrote:

E:\projects\word_count>rake test --trace
(in E:/projects/word_count)
[…]
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/pathname.rb:709:in `relative_path_from’: different
prefix:

This problem has been solved in a newer release:

U:>inochi -v
project: Inochi
version: 1.0.0
release: 2009-05-03
website: http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/inochi
install: c:/Program Files/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/inochi-1.0.0

U:>inochi WordCount
create word_count/CREDITS
create word_count/LICENSE
create word_count/rakefile
create word_count/bin/word_count
create word_count/lib/word_count.rb
create word_count/test/word_count.rb
create word_count/doc/index.erb
create word_count/doc/intro.erb
create word_count/doc/setup.erb
create word_count/doc/theory.erb
create word_count/doc/usage.erb
create word_count/doc/history.erb

U:>cd word_count

U:\word_count>rake test
(in U:/word_count)
#<Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem spicycode-rcov (>= 0)

#<Gem::LoadError: Could not find RubyGem voloko-sdoc (>= 0.2.10)

ruby -w c:/temp/4732.4732.0
Inochi establishment tests passed!