Index all but search in some fields

Hi,

i like to index most of my model fields, but limit the search only to a
(changing) subset of this fields.

In QueryParser you can specify a :fields =>
[allyourfieldsyouwanttoquery]
option to choose which fields you want to be searchable. I believe this
is
what you want to do.

John

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:33:28PM -0500, John Aughey wrote:

i like to index most of my model fields, but limit the search only to a
(changing) subset of this fields.

you can also specify a list of fields in your queries:

field1|field2|anotherfield:query_string

Jens


Jens Krämer
http://www.jkraemer.net/ - Blog
http://www.omdb.org/ - The new free film database

John Aughey wrote:

In QueryParser you can specify a :fields =>
[allyourfieldsyouwanttoquery]
option to choose which fields you want to be searchable. I believe this
is
what you want to do.

John

All fields should be searchable. But i like to decide in which fields to
search at a give point in time.

Jens K. wrote:

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:33:28PM -0500, John Aughey wrote:

i like to index most of my model fields, but limit the search only to a
(changing) subset of this fields.

you can also specify a list of fields in your queries:

field1|field2|anotherfield:query_string

Jens


Jens Kr�mer
http://www.jkraemer.net/ - Blog
http://www.omdb.org/ - The new free film database

Thanks Jens,

that exactly was my problem. It’s working now.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs