Incorrect library paths in App.Config

Hi,

I just noticed that the App.Config that is generated in an in Unsigned
build
of IronRuby (i.e. rake compile) contains incorrect library paths. When
tried to run rake mspec:core it failed to require ‘fileutils’.

Currently (Git commit 6855c7c41ee2…) has the following in
Merlin/Main/Config/Unsigned/App.Config:

But the repository has the following folder layout:

Merlin/External/Languages/Ruby/redist-libs/ruby/1.8

And

Merlin/External/Languages/Ruby/redist-libs/ruby/site_ruby

So therefore this file should look like this:

I thought I must be wrong since this should have been picked up already
but
then I guess that most people who are building IR at the moment are
either
inside MSFT (and using signed builds) or running on Mono and having to
rewrite this file anyway.

Am I right here?

Pete

I think so… I actually have an app.config.mine that I use to keep the
paths
correct.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Pete Bacon D. <

Yep, you’re right. Will fix App.config by the next GIT push.
BTW: What changes are needed for Mono?

Tomas

I just noticed that the App.Config that is generated in an in Unsigned
build of IronRuby (i.e. rake compile) contains incorrect library paths.
When I tried to run rake mspec:core it failed to require ‘fileutils’.

Currently (Git commit 6855c7c41ee2…) has the following in
Merlin/Main/Config/Unsigned/App.Config:

But the repository has the following folder layout:

Merlin/External/Languages/Ruby/redist-libs/ruby/1.8
And
Merlin/External/Languages/Ruby/redist-libs/ruby/site_ruby

So therefore this file should look like this:

I thought I must be wrong since this should have been picked up already
but then I guess that most people who are building IR at the moment are
either inside MSFT (and using signed builds) or running on Mono and
having to rewrite this file anyway.

Am I right here?

Pete

Actually I guess that since all the paths are relative, the shouldn’t
need
to be changed. I think I was assuming that mono users would
automatically
create their own App.config anyway, as a matter of course.

Pete

[...]

This is from my app.config.mono

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Tomas M. <

Actually the offending bit is actually hard coded into context.rb!!

def transform_config_file(configuration, source_path,
target_build_path)

# signing is on for IronRuby in Merlin, off for SVN and Binary

layout = {'Merlin' => { :signing => false, :LibraryPaths =>

‘…..\Languages\Ruby\libs;…....\External\Languages\Ruby\Ruby-1.8.6\lib\r
uby\site_ruby\1.8;…....\External\Languages\Ruby\Ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\site_
ruby;…....\External\Languages\Ruby\Ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\1.8’ },

          'Binary' => { :signing => true,  :LibraryPaths =>

‘…\lib\IronRuby;…\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8;…\lib\ruby\site_ruby;…\lib\ruby
\1.8’ } }

transform_config source_path, target_build_path,

layout[configuration][:LibraryPaths]

end

Pete

[...]

Yes I also found that out… I added a new one there in my branch.
MonoDist

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Pete Bacon D. <