I’m trying to use the auth_request module in conjunction with the
more_set_input_headers to automatically login my users into web apps.
Basically, it works like this:
- Users have some session cookie that authenticates them.
- I have a PHP script (auth.php) that validates the cookie and returns
their proper username as a response header.
- Nginx calls auth.php with auth_request, and sets the username in a
- Nginx then calls the web app with a request header set to the correct
- The web app reads the header, and logs the user in.
This works, but strangely inconsistent. The issue is that when a user
accesses the web app on /app/, it works (the request header is sent),
but when the app is accesssed on /app/index.php, it never receives the
header from nginx.
I’ve created a mock configuration that reproduces the error. It doesn’t
matter if I use a browser or cURL; both give the same behavior.
I thought it’d be a bit hard to view configuration files on a mailing
list, so I’ve created a topic on ServerFault. Reply whichever way you
like best. Topic is here:
Thanks a lot! This issue has kept me up for a few days now already.