In a rails3 - rspec then require 'authlogic/test_case' and now I broke stuff?

I’m a newb here and probably shouldn’t be using Rails3 yet to start
with,
but for some reason I was feeling adventurous.

I’m also learning to use rspec along the way and things ‘were’ working
out
with my ‘rake spec’ until I tried to follow some examples for test
Authlogic with rspec.
I ‘think’ what started the problems was when I added at the top of a
controller test:

require ‘authlogic/test_case’

After doing that, I seemed to have to re-run ‘bundle install’ (or maybe
that
was triggered because I touched the Gemfile, even though I ended up not
adding changes to it.)

I was prompted with:

git://github.com/odorcicd/authlogic.git (at rails3) is not checked out.
Please run bundle install
/Users/rick/projects/rails/sillymeters/Rakefile:4:in `require’
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I rand bundle install, but now every time I try to run “rake spec” I end
up
with the following error:

rake spec
(in /Users/rick/projects/rails/sillymeters)
/Users/rick/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/bin/ruby -S bundle exec
/Users/rick/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/bin/ruby -Ilib -Ispec
“./spec/models/meter_spec.rb” “./spec/models/user_spec.rb”
/Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-core-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/core/backward_compatibility.rb:20:in
const_missing': uninitialized constant ActionMailer::TestCase::Behavior (NameError) from /Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-expectations-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/expectations/backward_compatibility.rb:6:inconst_missing’
from
/Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-rails-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/rails/example/mailer_example_group.rb:9:in
<module:MailerExampleGroup>' from /Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-rails-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/rails/example/mailer_example_group.rb:3:inmodule:Rails
from
/Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-rails-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/rails/example/mailer_example_group.rb:2:in
<top (required)>' from /Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-rails-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/rails/example.rb:6:in<top (required)>’
from
/Users/rick/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-preview3/gems/rspec-rails-2.0.0.beta.20/lib/rspec/rails.rb:10:in
<top (required)>' from /Users/rick/projects/rails/sillymeters/spec/spec_helper.rb:5:in<top (required)>’
from ./spec/models/meter_spec.rb:1:in require' from ./spec/models/meter_spec.rb:1:in

I don’t know what went wrong? I even removed the test file that had
“require
‘authlogic/test_case’” but now I’m still getting the error.
Again, things were working ok until I had to do ‘bundle install’ again


Rick R

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Rick R [email protected] wrote:

I ‘think’ what started the problems was when I added at the top of a
controller test:

require ‘authlogic/test_case’

After doing that, I seemed to have to re-run ‘bundle install’ (or maybe
that was triggered because I touched the Gemfile, even though I ended up not
adding changes to it.)

Interestingly I updated my rails version to rails3.0.0 from the
3.0.0.beta
and now things are working again. Guess I’ll consider the problem solved
for
now.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs