ImportError: No module named gnuradio

Hi,

I’m trying to build debian packages of gnuradio git snapshot
(01.04.2011). The
build process is successful but I’ve encountered python related problem
after
installing the packages - gnuradio python module is missing, so none of
the
examples nor gnuradio-companion doesn’t work. The error is:

ImportError: No module named gnuradio

I’ve checked the PYTHONPATH variable, and set it to:

[[email protected] ~]$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.6:/usr/lib/python2.6/plat-
linux2:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-
old:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6

Main gnuradio related file locations are listed in the attached
installed_files.log

Any help?

Regards,

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 09:19:00PM +0200, Mateusz Jasiński wrote:

[[email protected] ~]$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.6:/usr/lib/python2.6/plat-
linux2:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-
old:/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6

Main gnuradio related file locations are listed in the attached
installed_files.log

Hi Mateusz,

how did you install? If you locally compiled a git snapshot, the stuff
should end up in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages.

Other things you should check: is
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio world-readable? I’ve lost a
lot
of nerves to the fact that one machine I was testing stuff on had a
screwed-up ‘umask’ setting and I had ended up installing everything
readable only for root.

MB


Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and
National Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association

On Monday 04 of April 2011 09:55:25 Martin B. wrote:

installed_files.log
readable only for root.

MB

Hi Martin,

I’ve installed by the packages that I’ve built. The standard configure

prefix=/usr There is a slight probability that some files are missing
after the
installation. Could you please refer to my installed_files.log attached
to this
message and try to check if all required by gnuradio-companion modules
are
installed properly? Oh, and running gnuradio-companion as root fails as
for
normal user.

On Monday 04 of April 2011 15:48:26 Mateusz Jasiński wrote:

ImportError: No module named gnuradio
Main gnuradio related file locations are listed in the attached
screwed-up ‘umask’ setting and I had ended up installing everything
gnuradio-companion modules are installed properly? Oh, and running
gnuradio-companion as root fails as for normal user.

Managed to fiure it out.

It was a file missing related problem ;] - /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages/gnuradio/init.py .

Now I’ll try to somehow push those upstream packages into debian, since
the
3.2.2 is much outdated.

Mateusz Jasiński

On 05-04-11 00:42, Mateusz Jasiński wrote:

On Monday 04 of April 2011 15:48:26 Mateusz Jasiński wrote:

On Monday 04 of April 2011 09:55:25 Martin B. wrote:

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 09:19:00PM +0200, Mateusz Jasiński wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to build debian packages of gnuradio git snapshot
(01.04.2011). The build process is successful but I’ve encountered

Now I’ll try to somehow push those upstream packages into debian, since the
3.2.2 is much outdated.

Did you coordinate with the debian gnuradio maintainer? I’m currently
working on the 3.3.1 version of debian gnuradio started by the original
maintainer. Please let us know how things go. If you run into troubles
with debian (not) accepting your packaging, we could coordinate in order
to get the package accepted via the original maintainer.

Gr. Sim

On Tuesday 05 of April 2011 09:06:10 Sim IJskes wrote:

the 3.2.2 is much outdated.

Did you coordinate with the debian gnuradio maintainer? I’m currently
working on the 3.3.1 version of debian gnuradio started by the original
maintainer. Please let us know how things go. If you run into troubles
with debian (not) accepting your packaging, we could coordinate in order
to get the package accepted via the original maintainer.

Gr. Sim

Yes, I’ve done this already. Sent him the debian dir. I;ve also packaged
libuhd needed by upstream. I’ve received confirmation mail saying:

"Thanks. I’m traveling this week, but I should have time to review your
work in a few days.

Bdale"

I’ve tried to bulid external signal processing blocks and had to add the
*.i
files to the libgnuradio-core-dev package. I’ll sent the updated version
to the
mainteiner.

Mateusz Jasiński

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs