Implement d8psk on benchmark_tx.py

Hello, guys!

We are using the file, benchmark_tx.py residing in the directory of
python/digital to do some researches. We found that gmsk, dbpsk and
dqpsk are the supported modulation schemes for that file, but d8psk is
not the supported modulation technique. Is there any reason for the
absence of d8psk? Is that because carrier tracking is very difficult for
d8psk? We wish to sort that problem out and get d8psk to work! Thanks a
lot!

Daniel

Hello, Tianning/Bill/Daniel!

The performance of 8PSK matches pretty similarly to 16-QAM. So, 8PSK is
usually never used in a real system as you get better spectral
efficiency with 16-QAM without taking a huge hit in required SNR.

  • Rick Stevens

Great Smart GUY!

So, what is the obstacle for us to implement QAM demodulator? Is that
because of the carrier tracking or symbol synchronization? We really
wish to sort that problem out and get QAM running on USRP!!!

Thanks!!!

Best Regards!

Daniel