View and search Ruby documentation from irb.
This one’s a bugfix release
- Use RI environment variable to pass config to ri (thanks to Parragh
- Bugfix for missing require ‘stringio’ (thanks to Marcel M. Cary.)
- Show first thousand hits instead of a mere ten.
If you run into problems, please let me know.
sudo gem install ihelp
Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ihelp/
- Generated RI docs (make install-doc)
- To use full-text search, Ferret: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ferret
“How do I justify a string?”
ihelp ‘justifying strings’
ihelp ‘How do I justify a string?’ # watch out for noise words
“I need to read little-endian ints from a string”
String.help ‘little-endian int’
“Hmm, how does String#unpack work?”
“Okay, so now I have this Array of ints, what was the syntax of inject
“What is this object and what can i do with it?”
“Someone told me that I should look up Mutex#synchronize… but I
don’t have that loaded.”
LOADING AUTOMATICALLY IN IRB
Add the following to your .irbrc:
Loading RI may take a second or two so let’s make it
snappier by loading in the background.