I just noticed something interesting (or not) about getting to my RoR
app on the 2 browsers. I’ve tested it running Webrick or Mongrel_rails
and get the same behavior.
The app is at http://www.mydomain.com:myport#/app/list
Specifying that complete URL works fine in both browsers. However in IE
if you just specify www.mydomain.com:myport#/app/list I get page not
found. In FF the URL without the http:// works fine.
I know down the road we need to update our server to use Apache with
fastcgi or lighttpd rather than using webrick or mongrel, but I am
curious as to why this is happening and how to “fix” it if possible.
Our server is a standard Centos server with numerous virtual servers
running on it. mydomain.com is just one account of many that happens to
be where I am developing a ruby app. To start my server I merely cd app
then start webrick or mongrel_rails. I have done nothing further for