Http#get return 404 error

I tried to use

http#get(“http://www.mla.org/about”)

to obtain the page, but it returns a 404 error. However, using browser
works fine.

I guess the server uses “struts” or similar framework. Would anyboby
tell me how to solve this problem.

Regards

Lian

“L” == Lian Y. removed_email_address@domain.invalid writes:

L> I guess the server uses “struts” or similar framework. Would anyboby
L> tell me how to solve this problem.

Just display the page which is given and you’ll see that it’s the same
than
the page retrieved by your browser

Guy Decoux

“J” == Jacob F. removed_email_address@domain.invalid writes:

J> I do, however, find it odd that trying to use wget does indeed result
in
J> a 404:

The server returns 404 : just ignore it :slight_smile:

Guy Decoux

On 6/13/06, Lian Y. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I tried to use

http#get(“http://www.mla.org/about”)

to obtain the page, but it returns a 404 error. However, using browser
works fine.

Like Guy, I’m able to get the page as so[1]:

require ‘net/http’
require ‘uri’

url = URI.parse(‘http://www.mla.org/about’)
res = Net::HTTP.start(url.host, url.port) {|http|
http.get(’/index.html’)
}
puts res.body

I do, however, find it odd that trying to use wget does indeed result in
a 404:

$ wget http://www.mla.org/about
–10:52:42-- http://www.mla.org/about
=> `about’
Resolving www.mla.org… 209.11.11.22
Connecting to www.mla.org|209.11.11.22|:80… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not found
10:52:43 ERROR 404: Not found.

Odd, that.

Jacob F.

[1] I wasn’t sure what “http#get” you were referring to, so I chose
the most applicable example from the net/http documentation, net/http
being part of the standard library. If this doesn’t match your usage,
please explain more about which library you are using, particularly
with a code example.