HTML equivalent to my link_to_remote statement


#1

I have the following link_to_remote statement that I need to convert
into an tag, but can’t figure it out. I looked at the
rubyonrails api page and did a google search, but they don’t have any
examples similar to mine where I can figure it out. Here’s my
statement:

<%= link_to_remote tag.name,
:url => {:action => “tag_selector”, :id => @order.id},
:html => {:id => tag.id, :class => “tag”},
:with => “'tag=” + tag.id.to_s + “’”%>


#2

Taneal Bhandari wrote:

I have the following link_to_remote statement that I need to convert
into an tag, but can’t figure it out. I looked at the
rubyonrails api page and did a google search, but they don’t have any
examples similar to mine where I can figure it out. Here’s my
statement:

<%= link_to_remote tag.name,
:url => {:action => “tag_selector”, :id => @order.id},
:html => {:id => tag.id, :class => “tag”},
:with => “'tag=” + tag.id.to_s + “’”%>

I need help understanding the question. (But please consider the
Ruby-on-Rails
Talk forum at news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails in
future!)

Link_to_remote translates into an a with an href of # and an onclick of
a ton of
JavaScript. The code you wrote is already converted. Try this:

<%=
x = link_to_remote tag.name,
:url => {:action => “tag_selector”, :id => @order.id},
:html => {:id => tag.id, :class => “tag”},
:with => “'tag=” + tag.id.to_s + “’”
puts x
x
%>

When your page renders (or when - ahem - your functional tests run), you
should
see your link_to_remote statement converted into an tag.

What will you do with it now?


#3

Phlip wrote:

When your page renders (or when - ahem - your functional tests run), you
should
see your link_to_remote statement converted into an tag.

What will you do with it now?

Good call. I didn’t even think of that. Basically, I’m using an rjs
page to swap out a bunch of html on my page and doing some hide/shows on
some divs. When I first run the page, I have a bunch of link_to_remote
calls on the page which render fine, but on the rjs page, I’m creating a
big string that I’m swapping out with the original html, which is why I
needed to write out my link_to_remote calls as tags on the rjs
page. But thanks for the tip and I’ll remember to post to a more
appropriate forum next time (thought I was ok with this one, but guess
not). Thanks again!


#4

Taneal Bhandari wrote:

calls on the page which render fine, but on the rjs page, I’m creating a
big string that I’m swapping out with the original html, which is why I
needed to write out my link_to_remote calls as tags on the rjs
page. But thanks for the tip and I’ll remember to post to a more
appropriate forum next time (thought I was ok with this one, but guess
not). Thanks again!

Call link_to_remote directly inside your RJS - that’s what its for

(And test it all with assert2’s assert_rjs_. Google for that, with my
street name)


#5

Phlip wrote:

Call link_to_remote directly inside your RJS - that’s what its for

(And test it all with assert2’s assert_rjs_. Google for that, with my
street name)

Cool! That worked. I think I had an extra set of quotes that was
throwing everything off. Didn’t realize it until I brought up firebug.
Thanks!