How to use -X:SaveAssemblies, etc.?

Greetings!

Getting into using IronRuby for some command line stuff, and the startup
time on ir.exe is killing me. The command line options hint that I can
save/reuse assemblies - is that true? Specifically:

  • What does -X:SaveAssemblies do?
  • What is the effect of -X:Interpret?
  • What is the -load option for?

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Anyone? Please?

Excellent, thank you!

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Tomas M. <

-X:SaveAssemblies, -save and -load are experimental/for compiler
debugging only.
-X:Interpret runs in interpreted mode, which makes loading libraries
much faster but throughput is worse.

We are working on adaptive compilation so that -X:Interpret won’t be
necessary.

Tomas