Datum: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:24:54 +0900
Von: iskaldur [email protected]
An: [email protected]
Betreff: how to update version

iskaldur wrote:

Hi, I’m running Mac OS X and I’m trying to update my version of Ruby. I
downloaded 1.8.6 and installed, but typing “ruby -v” at the terminal
still shows 1.8.2. How do I fix this?

Make sure you have the directory in which you installed Ruby in your
PATH preceding /usr/bin. If you took the defaults during installation,
that would be /usr/local/bin, so in your .profile file your PATH
statement would look something like this:

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

You can find out which directory OS X is getting Ruby from by typing

which ruby

in Terminal.app.

If you don’t understand PATH and .profile, you can read about them by
starting Terminal.app and typing “man bash”. (I’m assuming you’re using
bash as your shell. New releases of OS X use bash by default.)