How to uninstall gnuradio?

I installed using the build gnuradio script, how do I uninstall? Because
want to install another version. I’m new and I’m still a little lost.
Thank you

On 01/27/2014 03:16 PM, Rita de Cassia Negromonte Pessoa wrote:

I installed using the build gnuradio script, how do I uninstall? Because
I want to install another version. I’m new and I’m still a little lost.
Thank you

If you’re updating say 3.7.0 -> 3.7.2 you can just install one over the
other. You may be able to go to your build dir (e.g. src/gnuradio/build)
and run ‘make uninstall’. You can always head to your installation path
(e.g. /usr/local) and remove everything by hand.

MB

Attached is a bash script to remove most of gnuradio.
It proved useful doing a 3.6 to 3.7 upgrade a few months back.
Most of it comes from a posting a few years back by (I think) Jonathan
Corrigan.

Run with sudo if needed.

– Tom McDermott

On 01/27/2014 03:16 PM, Rita de Cassia Negromonte Pessoa wrote:

I installed using the build gnuradio script, how do I uninstall? Because
I want to install another version. I’m new and I’m still a little lost.
Thank you

If you’re updating say 3.7.0 → 3.7.2 you can just install one over the
other. You may be able to go to your build dir (e.g. src/gnuradio/build)
and run ‘make uninstall’. You can always head to your installation path
(e.g. /usr/local) and remove everything by hand.

MB

On 01/27/2014 03:48 PM, Rita de Cassia Negromonte Pessoa wrote:

Martin,
thanks for your help. I want to go from version 3.7 to version 3.5. Best
uninstall it manually?

Yes, but are you sure about this? 3.5 is old and unsupported.

MB

what is the script??

Tom M. wrote in post #1134551:

Attached is a bash script to remove most of gnuradio.

Run with sudo if needed.

MB

I tried with SUDO followed by pasting the content of the script

#!/bin/bash
PREFIX=/usr/local
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/gr_plot_*

and so on…
but I don’t get the usual password request from SUDO and of course any
command in the script returns “can’t remove … access denied” which is
to be expected.
Question: what am I doing wrong trying to run the script this way> Noob
to linux , not familiar with bash syntax.
Thanks,

Gelu

Gelu Botezan wrote in post #1141407:

I tried with SUDO followed by pasting the content of the script

Problem solved,sorry for bothering, was not able to delete precedent
post, probably too late