How to run my application in browser without web connecting

hello:
I moved to a new place where i can not use internet.But i found i
can not run my web app in my browser. For example,when i input
"http://localhost:3000/store/index"in the browser after running web
server:ruby script/server webrick,i can not see the result like previous
time when i can.If i want to run my web app in the browser, i must have
internet surppot?
Can you help me?
Thank you!

Guo Y. wrote:

hello:
I moved to a new place where i can not use internet.But i found i
can not run my web app in my browser. For example,when i input
"http://localhost:3000/store/index"in the browser after running web
server:ruby script/server webrick,i can not see the result like previous
time when i can.If i want to run my web app in the browser, i must have
internet surppot?

that shouldn’t be the case… my internet was down before and i was
still able to use http://localhost:3000/store

could your word in the URL “index” be the problem?

Hello, you don’t need access to the internet to view your app on
localhost unless the application has dependencies that are on an
external network (like a remote database server, etc). After you run
script server, make sure it is actually starting. Take a look at
development.log in the log directory of your rails application and make
sure there are no errors during startup. Just to make sure there is
nothing missing in your hosts file, you can also try
http://127.0.0.1:3000/store/index . Good luck and I hope this helps you
somehow.

Guo Y. wrote:

hello:
I moved to a new place where i can not use internet.But i found i
can not run my web app in my browser. For example,when i input
"http://localhost:3000/store/index"in the browser after running web
server:ruby script/server webrick,i can not see the result like previous
time when i can.If i want to run my web app in the browser, i must have
internet surppot?
Can you help me?
Thank you!


Sincerely,

William P.

Guo Y. wrote:

Thank you !I fogot telling you that i use “instant rails” to develop
my web app.My problem is related to it?By the way ,my url is right,and i
have not someting depending on internet.If i use internet,i can view my
app,if not ,i can not.Why?

so your server started correctly? and then, could you have some “ad
ware” that will always go to the internet to report your browser usage
before getting the real content, so if you are not connected to the
internet, the ad ware is stopping the browser.

Thank you !I fogot telling you that i use “instant rails” to develop
my web app.My problem is related to it?By the way ,my url is right,and i
have not someting depending on internet.If i use internet,i can view my
app,if not ,i can not.Why?

William P. wrote:

Hello, you don’t need access to the internet to view your app on
localhost unless the application has dependencies that are on an
external network (like a remote database server, etc). After you run
script server, make sure it is actually starting. Take a look at
development.log in the log directory of your rails application and make
sure there are no errors during startup. Just to make sure there is
nothing missing in your hosts file, you can also try
http://127.0.0.1:3000/store/index . Good luck and I hope this helps you
somehow.

Guo Y. wrote:

hello:
I moved to a new place where i can not use internet.But i found i
can not run my web app in my browser. For example,when i input
"http://localhost:3000/store/index"in the browser after running web
server:ruby script/server webrick,i can not see the result like previous
time when i can.If i want to run my web app in the browser, i must have
internet surppot?
Can you help me?
Thank you!


Sincerely,

William P.

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:

Guo Y. wrote:

Thank you !I fogot telling you that i use “instant rails” to develop
my web app.My problem is related to it?By the way ,my url is right,and i
have not someting depending on internet.If i use internet,i can view my
app,if not ,i can not.Why?

so your server started correctly? and then, could you have some “ad
ware” that will always go to the internet to report your browser usage
before getting the real content, so if you are not connected to the
internet, the ad ware is stopping the browser.

if the ad ware is attached to your IE… then you can try firefox or
safari, which is available on windows as a beta.

if you use mac, you can try firefox or opera.

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:

SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:

Guo Y. wrote:

Thank you !I fogot telling you that i use “instant rails” to develop
my web app.My problem is related to it?By the way ,my url is right,and i
have not someting depending on internet.If i use internet,i can view my
app,if not ,i can not.Why?

so your server started correctly? and then, could you have some “ad
ware” that will always go to the internet to report your browser usage
before getting the real content, so if you are not connected to the
internet, the ad ware is stopping the browser.

if the ad ware is attached to your IE… then you can try firefox or
safari, which is available on windows as a beta.

if you use mac, you can try firefox or opera.

Thank you!In fact,i also have firefox browser installed in my machine.I
have the same result as IE which says something like:sorry,someting is
wrong,we have notified to resolve this problem.How can i to do it?

That Tingling Sensation … that is: the error message means, that
your mongrel-server is working alright.

But:
it’s the error message for an Application running in production-mode
check the following:

  • is the mysql server running ? is it listening on port 3306 on the
    localhost ?
  • are you accessing the mysqlserver (look into database.yml) via the
    localhost or 127.0.0.1-address
  • what error-messages are there in the production.log ?
  • have you given the right permissions to the user that is described
    in database.yml ?
  • is the phpmyadmin working within instantrails ? (should be
    http://127.0.0.1/mysql or something similar.

hope this confuses you less than it helps
phil

On 19 Sep., 15:17, Guo Y. [email protected]

Thank you!In fact,i also have firefox browser installed in my machine.I
have the same result as IE which says something like:sorry,someting is
wrong,we have notified to resolve this problem.What is more,my web server started right.How can i to do it?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs