From: Jason Dunn [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:58 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: how to reproduce error System error (Failure) Imap

unsubscribe

On Dec 6, 2012 3:47 AM, “Lucky Nl” [email protected] wrote:

Hi friends,
Am using Imap in ruby 1.8.7
I got error ERROR (12791) System error (Failure) in my code.
But not sure when this will be happen.
Can anyone suggest when this error will be raise and how to reproduce
this error.

On Dec 6, 2012, at 01:47 , Lucky Nl [email protected] wrote:

Am using Imap in ruby 1.8.7
I got error ERROR (12791) System error (Failure) in my code.
But not sure when this will be happen.
Can anyone suggest when this error will be raise and how to reproduce
this error.

If you look through the code of net/imap.rb you’ll see that there is no
occurrence of “ERROR” anywhere. Nor in digest nor ssl. You’ll need to
look at your backtrace and actually debug where this is coming from.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Lucky Nl [email protected] wrote:

occurrence of “ERROR” anywhere. Nor in digest nor ssl. You’ll need to
look at your backtrace and actually debug where this is coming from.

This issue raised at line in my code imap.examine(“[Gmail]/Sent Mail”)
I have use rescue Exception => e
But this hadn’t come to this block

Really hard to debug code without seeing it, but…

Generally when these things happen, it’s because of passing in bad
references and so on. Make sure you are checking all error returns and
trapping the exceptions you can.

Break down the code to small enough components you can test each one
by itself (and test first, early and often!).

Are you stuck using 1.8.7? 1.9.x are so much better.

You can help us help you tremendously by showing us the real code and
the backtrace listings.

Ryan D. wrote in post #1088127:

On Dec 6, 2012, at 01:47 , Lucky Nl [email protected] wrote:

Am using Imap in ruby 1.8.7
I got error ERROR (12791) System error (Failure) in my code.
But not sure when this will be happen.
Can anyone suggest when this error will be raise and how to reproduce
this error.

If you look through the code of net/imap.rb you’ll see that there is no
occurrence of “ERROR” anywhere. Nor in digest nor ssl. You’ll need to
look at your backtrace and actually debug where this is coming from.

This issue raised at line in my code imap.examine(“[Gmail]/Sent Mail”)
in production.
But when i have tried same code ,not get error