How to make a picture a linked picture

hi
i want to get a picture and a linke as inputs from user and then when
user clicked on that picture it goes to that link related to the picture
do anyone know how?
thanks in advance

Ghazal M. wrote:

hi
i want to get a picture and a linke as inputs from user and then when
user clicked on that picture it goes to that link related to the picture
do anyone know how?
thanks in advance

<%= link_to image_tag( ‘img1.jpg’ ), :action => ‘action_to_perform’ %>

Shandy N. wrote:

<%= link_to image_tag( ‘img1.jpg’ ), :action => ‘action_to_perform’ %>

Or, if you want to use a link_to_remote:

<%= link_to_remote image_tag( ‘img1.jpg’ ), :url => {
:action => ‘action_to_perform’}, :update => ‘update_div’ %>

I use similar code a lot as a user interface where you don’t want
another page to load. For example, if I needed to turn a value on or off
I would do something like:

<%= link_to_remote image_tag( @user.active ? ‘chexk.jpg’ : ‘ex.jpg’ ),
:url => {:action => ‘action_to_perform’, :id => @user.id},
:update => ‘update_div’ %>

Shandy N. wrote:

Shandy N. wrote:

<%= link_to image_tag( ‘img1.jpg’ ), :action => ‘action_to_perform’ %>

Or, if you want to use a link_to_remote:

<%= link_to_remote image_tag( ‘img1.jpg’ ), :url => {
:action => ‘action_to_perform’}, :update => ‘update_div’ %>

I use similar code a lot as a user interface where you don’t want
another page to load. For example, if I needed to turn a value on or off
I would do something like:

<%= link_to_remote image_tag( @user.active ? ‘chexk.jpg’ : ‘ex.jpg’ ),
:url => {:action => ‘action_to_perform’, :id => @user.id},
:update => ‘update_div’ %>

thanks but when i use this:
<%= link_to image_tag(advertise.public_filename(:thumb)) , :action =>
advertise.link%>

it says No route matches “/advertises/www.cars.com” with {:method=>:get}
how should i use it so it open a page for me and take me to address of
that link?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs