How to kill an exist tcpserver or tcpsocket?

Hi everyone,

I’m using the following codes to create and close a tcpsocket on
WindowsXP:

def open
@tcp_server = TCPServer.new(@para[:host], @para[:port])
@ch = @tcp_server.accept
end

def close
@tcp_server.close
@ch.close
end

They are very simple. My problem is, if I don’t close()(sometimes my
users terminate my programe anyway before close() is called), the
TcpServer will be LISTENING and the tcpSocket will be CLOSE_WAIT. If I
call open() at this moment, ruby will raise Errno::EADDRINUSE.
So, I want to rescue this Exception and handle it, is there a way to
kill existed tcpServer/tcpSocket?
I searched for a long time, and only found apps like
killtcp.exe/aoi.exe, but they would be the last choice to me. Is there
some other way? Such as command line or ready-made methods?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
LiFengfeng

Have you tried the ‘at_exit’ hook? You should be able to close existing
sockets in at_exit.

-Jingjing