How to include an java applet in a rhtml page

Hi

Im quite new to rails and was wondering how to include a java applet in
a rhtml file? Is it the same as in HTML?

for example:

Thank You!

That should do it. The rhtml file is basically a html file which is
interpreted/parsed by erb before being sent to the client. So
everything you can do in a html file you can do in an rhtml file.

On Dec 14, 10:14 am, Peet V. [email protected]

On Dec 14, 8:14 pm, Peet V. [email protected]
wrote:

Hi

Im quite new to rails and was wondering how to include a javaappletin
a rhtml file? Is it the same as in HTML?

for example: <appletcode=“World.class”
archive="*.jar"

Servers do not work like the local file-system.
(not that *.jar would work in a generic application,
launched off the local FS).

You need to mention each jar specifically, separated
by a ‘,’.


Andrew T.
PhySci.org

Andrew T. wrote:

On Dec 14, 8:14 pm, Peet V. [email protected]
wrote:

Hi

Im quite new to rails and was wondering how to include a javaappletin
a rhtml file? Is it the same as in HTML?

for example: <appletcode=“World.class”
archive="*.jar"

Servers do not work like the local file-system.
(not that *.jar would work in a generic application,
launched off the local FS).

You need to mention each jar specifically, separated
by a ‘,’.


Andrew T.
PhySci.org

Hi

That still doesnt work…it says World.class cannot be found…when I
change the file from rhtml to html it works fine…my world.class file
is located in the “public” folder…

Musnt I include it in rails format for example something like <%
applet…

Thx a lot for the help!

On Dec 18, 6:18 pm, Peet V. [email protected]
wrote:

Andrew T. wrote:

On Dec 14, 8:14 pm, Peet V. [email protected]

Im quite new to rails and was wondering how to include a javaappletin
a rhtml file? Is it the same as in HTML?

for example: <appletcode=“World.class”
archive="*.jar"

You need to mention each jar specifically, separated
by a ‘,’.

That still doesnt work…it says World.class cannot be found…when I
change the file from rhtml to html it works fine…

I am only in a position to comment on HTML. But I suppose that
answers your second question. “Is it the same as in HTML?”
No - apparently not.

Between you and me, if an ‘rhtml’ file can include a link
‘just like HTML’, I would launch the applet using JWS.
Here is an example. http://www.physci.org/jws/#jtest


Andrew T.
PhySci.org

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs