How to download all mp3 files from this website?


#1

Hi all,

I want to download all the mp3 files from this website:
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast.

But I cannot see the link to each mp3 file in the source file. I wonder
how I can find out each link for the mp3 in source file.

Thanks,

Li


#2

Li Chen wrote:

Hi all,

I want to download all the mp3 files from this website:
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast.

But I cannot see the link to each mp3 file in the source file. I wonder
how I can find out each link for the mp3 in source file.

A> What’s the relation to the language Ruby here?

B> If I had cool MP3s, I would munge their addresses to prevent casual
scraping.

Google “Streamripping” to get an idea for the silly arms race currently
in
progress…


#3

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Li Chen removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Hi all,

I want to download all the mp3 files from this website:
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast.

But I cannot see the link to each mp3 file in the source file. I wonder
how I can find out each link for the mp3 in source file.

mp3scrape may work for your needs.

http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/mp3scrape/mp3scrape-0.0.1/

Regards,
Michael G.


#4

Phlip wrote:

Li Chen wrote:

Hi all,

I want to download all the mp3 files from this website:
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast.

But I cannot see the link to each mp3 file in the source file. I wonder
how I can find out each link for the mp3 in source file.

A> What’s the relation to the language Ruby here?

#Use Ruby script to download a webpage ranging from 15274.html to
15334.html

and here is an example

#download a webpage based on an address

require ‘open-uri’
require ‘threadlimiter’

#address=‘http://www.qenglish.com/samples/15334.html
#…
#address=‘http://www.qenglish.com/samples/15274.html

addresses=[]
address1=‘http://www.qenglish.com/samples/
address2=’’
address3=’.html’

create the address

(15274…15334) .to_a.each do |i|
addresses<<(address1 + i.to_s+ address3)
end

#download the files
addresses.threaded_collect(1)do |a_uri|
open(a_uri) do |a_file|
f_name=File.basename(a_uri)
open(f_name,‘wb’) do|r_file|
a_file.each_line do |a_line|
r_file.write a_line
end
end
end
end


#5

Li Chen wrote:

What is the right syntex for using mp3scrape? I can not load mp3scrape
gem_original_require' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
from (irb):1

try

$ mp3scrape --help


#6

Michael G. wrote:

mp3scrape may work for your needs.

http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/mp3scrape/mp3scrape-0.0.1/

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much.

What is the right syntex for using mp3scrape? I can not load mp3scrape
after I use gem install to install the gem.

Li

############################
C:\Users\Alex>irb
irb(main):001:0> require ‘mp3scrape’
LoadError: no such file to load – mp3scrape
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
gem_original_require' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
from (irb):1


#7

Reid T. wrote:

try

$ mp3scrape --help

Hi Reid,

Here is what I get:

C:\Users\Alex>mp3scrape --help
gem install main

C:\Users\Alex>irb
irb(main):001:0> require ‘mp3scrape’
LoadError: no such file to load – mp3scrape
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
gem_original_require' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0>

Li


#8

Reid T. wrote:

you need to run

gem install main

then you will prob also need to run

gem install threadify

then run

$ mp3scrape --help
Hi Reid,

Thank you very much.

I follow your suggestions and now I am able to download mp3 from
http://troubledsoulsunite.blogspot.com/.

But I cannot download mp3 from
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast

Li


#9

Li Chen wrote:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require’
from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0>

Li
you need to run

gem install main

then you will prob also need to run

gem install threadify

then run

$ mp3scrape --help


#10

Li Chen wrote:

then run
http://rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast

Li
you might have more success at

http://www.sciam.com/podcast/podcasts.cfm?type=60-second-science

if you can get mp3scrape to follow the podcast urls…


#11

Reid T. wrote:

you might have more success at

http://www.sciam.com/podcast/podcasts.cfm?type=60-second-science

if you can get mp3scrape to follow the podcast urls…

Hi Reid,

Thanks.

I use a script I wrote in the previous post and download all the mp3 I
need.

Li