How to deploy a Ruby executable?

I have looked everywhere and can’t find answers to the following
questions:

  1. Can I create a compiled executable with Ruby as I can with other
    languages?
  2. How does one deploy a Ruby application?

If someone could please point me to where in any documentation this is
covered, I would be most grateful.

Rolf Marsh wrote:

I have looked everywhere and can’t find answers to the following
questions:

  1. Can I create a compiled executable with Ruby as I can with other
    languages?
  2. How does one deploy a Ruby application?

If someone could please point me to where in any documentation this is
covered, I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the rubyscript2exe gem, it packages your script along
with all the necessary standard library files and the interpreter into
an .exe file you can run on any windows box.

Rolf Marsh wrote:

covered, I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the rubyscript2exe gem, it packages your script along
with all the necessary standard library files and the interpreter into
an .exe file you can run on any windows box.

Thank you… now, can you tell me where all of this is documented?
Also, I am interested in creating some GUI programs, and would like to
see what is available for the GUI.

download the gem and read the documentation … it does what you want

Drew O. wrote:

Rolf Marsh wrote:

I have looked everywhere and can’t find answers to the following
questions:

  1. Can I create a compiled executable with Ruby as I can with other
    languages?
  2. How does one deploy a Ruby application?

If someone could please point me to where in any documentation this is
covered, I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the rubyscript2exe gem, it packages your script along
with all the necessary standard library files and the interpreter into
an .exe file you can run on any windows box.

Thank you… now, can you tell me where all of this is documented?
Also, I am interested in creating some GUI programs, and would like to
see what is available for the GUI.

bbiker wrote:

Rolf Marsh wrote:

covered, I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the rubyscript2exe gem, it packages your script along
with all the necessary standard library files and the interpreter into
an .exe file you can run on any windows box.

Thank you… now, can you tell me where all of this is documented?
Also, I am interested in creating some GUI programs, and would like to
see what is available for the GUI.

download the gem and read the documentation … it does what you want

In the docs folder for ruby gems (C:\Program
Files\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\doc\rubyscript2exe-0.5.1), there is no
documentation for rubyscript2exe gem… the folder is empty…

What now?

And where do I find docs for the GUI? Sorry to be such a dummy, but I’m
new to Ruby and am having a hard time finding my way around…

Rolf Marsh wrote:

covered, I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the rubyscript2exe gem, it packages your script along
with all the necessary standard library files and the interpreter into
an .exe file you can run on any windows box.

Thank you… now, can you tell me where all of this is documented?
Also, I am interested in creating some GUI programs, and would like to
see what is available for the GUI.

download the gem and read the documentation … it does what you want

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs