How to create windows service using JRuby

How to create Windows service using JRuby?
I know there is something win32/service available in Ruby, but what and
how
about JRuby???

This appears to not be supported yet unfortunately. We did implement
win32/registry in terms of win32api. Perhaps it is possible for
someone to wire up services in the same way?

-Tom

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Mayank S.
[email protected] wrote:

How to create Windows service using JRuby?
I know there is something win32/service available in Ruby, but what and how
about JRuby???

blog: http://blog.enebo.com twitter: tom_enebo
mail: [email protected]

Thanks,
What do you mean by “wire-up services”???

We use Firedaemon to run Jruby as a windows service. We have been very
successful using it.

  • Andrew

I meant that some enterprising individual may be able to implement
win32/services.rb in the same way we implemented win32/registry.rb
using win32api. I have not looked at it, but I am guessing it is a
few calls to windows APIs.

-Tom

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Mayank S.
[email protected] wrote:

blog: http://blog.enebo.com twitter: tom_enebo
mail: [email protected]

Use apache procrun:

http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html

From: Mayank S. [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: 10/25/2010 09:25 PM
Subject: [jruby-user] How to create windows service using JRuby

How to create Windows service using JRuby?
I know there is something win32/service available in Ruby, but what and
how about JRuby???

Thanks Andrew,
I know I am sounding little wierd , but is it possible to share some
sample
code or configuration

If you use procrun you should be able to use jruby-jsvc
(GitHub - nicobrevin/jruby-jsvc: Use jsvc to run a jruby app as an init.d style daemon) to remove the need to
write/maintain any java code. The installation/management of the
windows service will be left to you though (only the unix part is done
on jruby-jsvc).

Let me know if you need any help, as I’d be keen to properly support
procrun with jruby-jsvc.

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 16:01 -0700, Matthew Keveney wrote:

JRuby

Nick G.
Developer @ Media Service Provider
+44 207 729 4797