How to create a forum using ROR


#1

hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks


#2

dhaval wrote:

hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks

Have you done anything else?


#3

A good example of forum software written in Rails is Beast:

http://beast.caboo.se/

n


#4

Write some models to store the users and the posts. Then write some
controllers to create, read, update and delete the users and the
posts. That is the Rails way.


#5

A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
book “Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce” by Christian Hellsten and
Jarkko L. (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?


#6

Jamal S. wrote:

dhaval wrote:

hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks

Have you done anything else?

yeh created a blog


#7

dhaval wrote:

Jamal S. wrote:

dhaval wrote:

hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks

Have you done anything else?

yeh created a blog

Well it’s exactly like blog :slight_smile:

post = topic
comments => replies

:smiley:


#8

stevepoll wrote:

A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
book “Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce” by Christian Hellsten and
Jarkko L. (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Acts_as_threaded

Seems dead!


#9

On May 8, 1:01 pm, Stan removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

On May 5, 11:50 am, stevepoll removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?

http://i.nfectio.us/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip

Thanks Stan!


#10

On May 5, 11:50 am, stevepoll removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?

http://i.nfectio.us/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip