How to change interactive ruby background?

Hi, i’m newbie in programming…just started. So anybody can tell me how
to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn’t very
good for my eyes. thanks in advance :slight_smile:

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tony L. [email protected] wrote:

Hi, i’m newbie in programming…just started. So anybody can tell me how
to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn’t very
good for my eyes. thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean. There is no such thing as an IRB background.
You probably want to change the settings of your terminal (or shell)
window. That setting would depend on the operating system you are on.

Cheers

robert

Robert K. wrote:

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tony L. [email protected] wrote:

Hi, i’m newbie in programming…just started. So anybody can tell me how
to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn’t very
good for my eyes. thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean. There is no such thing as an IRB background.
You probably want to change the settings of your terminal (or shell)
window. That setting would depend on the operating system you are on.

Cheers

robert

I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
background to other colour.

On 08/10/2010 14.57, Tony L. wrote:

I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
background to other colour.

Yes, you should do exactly what Robert told you to do.
Simply click on the icon in the upper left corner of the console window,
then choose Properties. From there you can customize the colors.

Stefano M. wrote:

On 08/10/2010 14.57, Tony L. wrote:

I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
background to other colour.

Yes, you should do exactly what Robert told you to do.
Simply click on the icon in the upper left corner of the console window,
then choose Properties. From there you can customize the colors.

Thanks very much it helped me :slight_smile:

Hello Dear
I saw your email in your profile here( www.eggheadcafe.com ) and become
interested; my name is;Kate please send me your email address
([email protected]) to my box now so that i can send you my picture
then we will know each other more;
Thanks Kate
[email protected]

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Mocking WCF Services Using Moq
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b76105f1-f832-4b52-82ba-d5a61d435d81/mocking-wcf-services-using-moq.aspx

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs