How does nginx set End of Life for older versions?

Hi,

I turned to the official website and Google, but I couldn’t find a
definitive answer re how older branches go End of Life. For example, now
that the 1.8 stable branch has been created, what are the plans for the
1.6 branch? Will future updates be made available to that branch or is
it no longer maintained?

On a related note, if a branch is listed under “Legacy versions”, does
that mean it will no longer receive updates?

Thanks.

On Wednesday 29 April 2015 08:40:30 deoren wrote:

Hi,

I turned to the official website and Google, but I couldn’t find a definitive
answer re how older branches go End of Life. For example, now that the 1.8 stable
branch has been created, what are the plans for the 1.6 branch? Will future
updates be made available to that branch or is it no longer maintained?

http://nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-8-and-1-9-released/

| We are no longer supporting 1.6 (the former stable branch)

See also: http://nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-6-1-7-released/

On a related note, if a branch is listed under “Legacy versions”, does that mean
it will no longer receive updates?

Yes. At any period of time we have only one stable
and one mainline branches, that receive updates.

wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

Hello!

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 08:40:30AM -0500, deoren wrote:

Hi,

I turned to the official website and Google, but I couldn’t find
a definitive answer re how older branches go End of Life. For
example, now that the 1.8 stable branch has been created, what
are the plans for the 1.6 branch? Will future updates be made
available to that branch or is it no longer maintained?

It’s no longer maintained.

No further commits are expected to happen on the stable-1.6
branch, and no releases are planned. You can use it as long it
works for you, but it’s a good idea to schedule an upgrade.

On a related note, if a branch is listed under “Legacy
versions”, does that mean it will no longer receive updates?

Yes.


Maxim D.
http://nginx.org/

On 4/29/2015 8:58 AM, Valentin V. Bartenev wrote:

See also: http://nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-6-1-7-released/

On a related note, if a branch is listed under “Legacy versions”, does that
mean it will no longer receive updates?

Yes. At any period of time we have only one stable
and one mainline branches, that receive updates.

wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

Thanks! I will subscribe to that blog so I’ll see future notices.

On 4/29/2015 9:00 AM, Maxim D. wrote:

It’s no longer maintained.

No further commits are expected to happen on the stable-1.6
branch, and no releases are planned. You can use it as long it
works for you, but it’s a good idea to schedule an upgrade.

On a related note, if a branch is listed under “Legacy
versions”, does that mean it will no longer receive updates?

Yes.

Thanks Maxim. I’ll go ahead and move to the 1.8 stable series then.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs