How do I checkout an old version

Dear All,

I would like to checkout release 3.1.1. How do I do ?

svn co -r 3.1.1 http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio

doesn’t work.

BR/
Per

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Per Z.
[email protected] wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to checkout release 3.1.1. How do I do ?

svn co -r 3.1.1 http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio

doesn’t work.

You must first change your way of thinking. Instead of the trunk, try
thinking of the tags directory:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/tags/releases

Brian

Dear All,
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/tags/releases

Brian

So

svn co -r6823 http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio

BR/
Per

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Per Z.
[email protected] wrote:

So

svn co -r6823 http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio

Or you can just pull directly from
http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/tags/releases/3.1.1/ without
specifying the -r6823. Whichever you want.

Brian

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Brian P. [email protected]
wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Per Z.
[email protected] wrote:

So

svn co -r6823 http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio

Or you can just pull directly from
http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/tags/releases/3.1.1/ without
specifying the -r6823. Whichever you want.

The release tarballs are made from the release branch, not the trunk,
so the only ways to get release 3.1.1 are to either use the tagged
directory (as you sshow), or to use a revision specifier on
http://gnuradio.org/svn/branches/releases/3.1. The trunk contains
many in-progress things that don’t get put into the release branch.


Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC
http://corganenterprises.com/

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:00:42AM -0400, Brian P. wrote:

Brian
These are not equivalent.

If you want the 3.1.1 release, use

svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/tags/releases/3.1.1

For details on subversion, including the concepts of trunk, branches
and tags, see the Red Bean Subversion Book. http://svnbook.red-bean.com

Eric

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs