How can I make this thing work on IE?


#1

Hello… i’ve been read lots of posts talking about this kind o mess in
IE… but no one tells how could this be possible to work… :slight_smile:

Any suggestions??
thanks…

LINE 1

#2
LINE 1 new Insertion.After('0'," NEW LINE");

Don’t think you should have an id that starts with a number.
Try id=“tr0” or something…


#3

Sorry David, didnt work… :frowning:

i am still looking for something on net…

thanks


#4

Victor Hugo G. wrote:

Sorry David, didnt work… :frowning:

That’s strange. Took your exact code, put it in a page and changed your
ID to bob0 and your new Insertion.After(‘bob0’,’

,ew
line’);

and it worked just fine in both Firefox and IE6. Might be something else
that’s wrong with your page??


#5

David C. wrote:

Victor Hugo G. wrote:

Sorry David, didnt work… :frowning:

That’s strange. Took your exact code, put it in a page and changed your
ID to bob0 and your new Insertion.After(‘bob0’,’

,ew
line’);

and it worked just fine in both Firefox and IE6. Might be something else
that’s wrong with your page??

sorry… it really works on Firefox… no IE6 (6.026)…
i am runing a tomcat server on my comp… the is page is a .jsp page…
nothing that i can remark as a possible problem…


#6

Victor Hugo G. wrote:

is there a difference between IE on SP1 and SP2??


#7

bump


#8

On 5/31/06, Victor Hugo G. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Victor Hugo G. wrote:

is there a difference between IE on SP1 and SP2??

Significant changes, but I’m not sure if they would have anything to
do with CSS or JS… Maybe JS because most of it was security
related. Perhaps check the IE security settings to ensure the site is
either trusted, or at least JS is enabled.


#9

Solved!!!
I’ve edited the prototype_1_4.js as Andy said in
http://www.robsanheim.com/2005/10/11/prototype-insertion-ie-6-trs-and-invalid-target-element-for-this-operation/

Thx for everyone…

Andy Says:

December 12th, 2005 at 1:38 pm

This fix works for me in the 1.4.0_rc4 release. In the
Abstract.Insertion.prototype, add a check for TR:

if (this.element.tagName.toLowerCase() == â??tbodyâ??
|| this.element.tagName.toLowerCase() == â??trâ??) {
this.insertContent(this.contentFromAnonymousTable());

I didnâ??t need the extra BR tag.


#10

Victor Hugo G. wrote:

Solved!!!
I’ve edited the prototype_1_4.js as Andy said in

ah ha. The latest rails comes with prototype version 1.5.0_rc0.
Since you’re not actually doing ror - guess you’re using version avail
on the main prototype site.