How can i get data from .txt file and .xml file?

I have .txt file that is .xml format. i using require “rexml/document”
and include REXML, but i don know how to get data from the .xml file.

On 20 Jun 2007, at 16:15, Cool W. wrote:

I have .txt file that is .xml format. i using require “rexml/document”
and include REXML, but i don know how to get data from the .xml file.

Then perhaps start by reading this:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rexml/rdoc/

Alex G.

Bioinformatics Center
Kyoto University

On Jun 20, 3:38 am, Alex G. [email protected] wrote:

On 20 Jun 2007, at 16:15, Cool W. wrote:

I have .txt file that is .xml format. i using require “rexml/document”
and include REXML, but i don know how to get data from the .xml file.

Then perhaps start by reading this:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rexml/rdoc/

I am not the OP, nor do I have an answer for him, but I would like to
point out that while an API reference is useful as a reference for
someone already familiar with the library it documents, it is no
substitute for a tutorial or manual showing how to actually use API
properly. So merely pointing someone at an API reference is not as
helpful as you might have intended. I am not familiar with REXML, and
having clicked the link you gave, I certainly couldn’t begin to figure
out where to start reading.

On Jun 20, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Karl von Laudermann wrote:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rexml/rdoc/

I am not the OP, nor do I have an answer for him, but I would like to
point out that while an API reference is useful as a reference for
someone already familiar with the library it documents, it is no
substitute for a tutorial or manual showing how to actually use API
properly.

That page links to a REXML tutorial, though the link doesn’t seem to
be working for me at the moment.

James Edward G. II

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs