I’m new to rails (and first time poster here).
I’m trying to get rails installed on my shell, haxeh.com, and I’m having
First, some background:
- I have installed ruby to ~/local/bin/ruby
- I have installed rubygems to ~/local/bin/gem with all gem installs
- I have also installed a bunch of gems, including rails, and they all
up in ~/.gems/gems
When I symlinked my /public directory into my /www … this was the
in the apache error log:
require__': no such file to load -- initializer (LoadError) from /home/hax/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:inrequire’
[Fri Feb 3 23:57:40 2006] [error] [client 18.104.22.168] Premature end
of script headers: /usr/local/ftpd/websites/haxeh.com/www/dispatch.cgi
The question, I suppose, is just “how do i fix it?”. But I’ve tried
enough things at this point that I might be able to offer a little bit
- Note that this is a fresh ‘rails’ install, in the sense of ‘rails
built this project, and I have changed nothing
- The shebang in dispatch.cgi is #!/home/hax/local/bin/ruby
- config/environment.rb has not been changed at all (maybe it needs to
- require ‘initializer’ from irb works fine … require ‘rails’ does not
(“no such file to load”) … require_gem ‘rails’ loads true
- intializer.rb is in
If anyone has any ideas on how to get this fixed, please reply.
I’ll paste the output of anything you might want.
This was all the data I could come up with that seemed useful to offer.
Also, if anyone wants to msg me directly, I am always logged into
as ‘hax’, just leave me a /msg.