Hoe and rubyforge and all that

Hi all -

We’ve started using HTTPS to make RubyForge logins more secure.
However, this will probably hose up the various utilities that folks are
using to automate releases - like hoe, and I think Ara’s got one, and
there may be others. Should we turn off HTTPS for a few days to let
those utilities catch up? Or just leave it on?

Comments/questions welcome,

Thanks,

Tom

On 06-10-16, at 23:20, Tom C. wrote:

Hi all -

We’ve started using HTTPS to make RubyForge logins more secure.
However, this will probably hose up the various utilities that
folks are
using to automate releases - like hoe, and I think Ara’s got one, and
there may be others. Should we turn off HTTPS for a few days to let
those utilities catch up? Or just leave it on?

Offer both for a period of time until any reasonable project has had
time to update and push out a new release.

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 12:23 +0900, Jeremy T. wrote:

Offer both for a period of time until any reasonable project has had
time to update and push out a new release.

Ah, right you are, and it only required some minor code changes. OK,
now there’s a Log In/HTTPS link up top there. I’ll remove the code next
Monday, say.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yours,

Tom

Tom C. wrote:

Hi all -

We’ve started using HTTPS to make RubyForge logins more secure.
However, this will probably hose up the various utilities that folks are
using to automate releases - like hoe, and I think Ara’s got one, and
there may be others. Should we turn off HTTPS for a few days to let
those utilities catch up? Or just leave it on?

Comments/questions welcome,

Is this why my SVN updates/commits to RubyForge have failed the last few
days? Do I need to specify a new URL for the projects?

Nic

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:24 +0900, Dr Nic wrote:

Is this why my SVN updates/commits to RubyForge have failed the last few
days? Do I need to specify a new URL for the projects?

Hi Nic -

Hm, no, we just added mod_ssl today, and that shouldn’t affect svn
commits. Hm… contact me offlist ([email protected]) and maybe we can
sort out what the problem might be…

Yours,

Tom

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs