hoe version 2.9.0 has been released!
Hoe is a rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It helps you
manage and maintain, and release your project and includes a dynamic
plug-in system allowing for easy extensibility. Hoe ships with
plug-ins for all your usual project tasks including rdoc generation,
testing, packaging, and deployment.
See class rdoc for help. Hint:
ri Hoe or any of the plugins listed
For extra goodness, see: http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/hoe/Hoe.pdf
2.9.0 / 2011-01-31
11 minor enhancements:
- Added Hoe::Package#pkg_path to make package hook writing easier.
- Added Hoe::Test#test_prelude to allow for code to run before test
- Added plugin?(name) to allow for easier plugin guarding in hoe spec.
- Added support for multiple template dirs for sow.
- Added support for rubygems-test. See http://www.gem-testers.org/
- Clean up sow a LOT using: include FileUtils::Verbose
- Don’t warn about missing plugins without rake -t
- Hoe requires Gem::PackageTask from RubyGems 1.4+
- Moved post_news from publish to rubyforge
- Plugins can now be loaded from a +plugins+ array in ~/.hoerc
- rubyforge plugin now uses plain globs to push. Fixes releases for
4 bug fixes:
- Failed plugins should notify on both trace and debug.
- Fixed rdoc_dir for custom rdoc locations
- Fixed require ‘rubyforge’ that was too late
- Fixed sow to properly rename dirs depth first