Help with installing ruby

Hi, im new to all this.
I have a laptop running Windows and i was wondering if someone could
just
write a brief set of instructions on everything i need to install/set up
in
order to get Ruby running.
By the way, could someone explain to me exactly what Ruby is for and
what
you can make with it?
Kinda a lot to ask but thanks!
Ed

Hello, Eddie.

Check this out:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html

It gives a pretty good overview of what Ruby is, and how to install it
on a Windows box.

On 4/8/06, Eddie L. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Rails mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

http://www.michaelgorsuch.org

thanx
Ed

Ruby is a scripting language. Ruby on Rails is a web development
framework written in and using Ruby.

Why don’t you start here: http://www.rubyonrails.org/

When you’re ready to install look for the download called “Instant
Rails”.

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the party! I’d recommend you start here
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

Best regards,
Bill