Help : using different hardware by replacing USRP hardware

hi everyone,
As i was exploring through the gnuradio code/blocks, I was thinking
what i
have to do,if i want to use another hardware by replacing USRP. I was
thinking to to disable usrp block while configuring and also make
changes to
the makefiles. Please someone guide me if my approach is right or
wrong.If
this is right how can i replace the usrp libraries with my own hardware
libraries.
please do tolerate if i have ask any out of track question.
Thanks

On 10/02/2010 06:36 PM, ton ph wrote:

As i was exploring through the gnuradio code/blocks, I was thinking
what i have to do,if i want to use another hardware by replacing USRP. I
was thinking to to disable usrp block while configuring and also make
changes to the makefiles. Please someone guide me if my approach is
right or wrong.If this is right how can i replace the usrp libraries
with my own hardware libraries.
please do tolerate if i have ask any out of track question.

I did that, writing a module to use Microtelecom Perseus

http://www.microtelecom.it/perseus/

instead of USRP. Give a look at

http://github.com/amontefusco/gnuradio-amontefusco/tree/perseus

     *am*

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM, ton ph [email protected] wrote:

hi everyone,
As i was exploring through the gnuradio code/blocks, I was thinking what i
have to do,if i want to use another hardware by replacing USRP. I was
thinking to to disable usrp block while configuring and also make changes to
the makefiles. Please someone guide me if my approach is right or wrong.If
this is right how can i replace the usrp libraries with my own hardware
libraries.
please do tolerate if i have ask any out of track question.
Thanks

You shouldn’t need to disable gr-usrp or usrp during configuration to
add another type of hardware. Just add you’re own and compile it along
with everything else.

Tom

thanks tom for your valuable kind response.

Tom R. wrote:

this is right how can i replace the usrp libraries with my own hardware


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio


View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/Help-%3A-using-different-hardware-by-replacing-USRP-hardware-tp29866913p30978847.html
Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

thanks andrea for your really beautiful and helpful guide … thanks
again u
and all.

andrea montefusco-3 wrote:

I did that, writing a module to use Microtelecom Perseus
Andrea M. iw0hdv http://www.montefusco.com
tel: +393356992791 fax: +390623318709


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio


View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/Help-%3A-using-different-hardware-by-replacing-USRP-hardware-tp29866913p30978912.html
Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs