HELP Save RadRails


#1

RadRails is the best free IDE out there for RubyOnRails development
and it’s easy for companies to integrate it into their development
platforms as it it’s based on Eclipse.

Please help save the RadRails development.

I did a pledge on pledgebank.com that if 1000 people give 10$ to
radrails I will give too.
So if you’re a happy RadRails user, go here:
http://www.pledgebank.com/saveradrails

and vote for it on digg:
http://digg.com/tech_news/PLEDGE_10_Bucks_to_help_save_RadRails

Sorry for the OT :slight_smile:

Pat


#2

I use and (ahem) mostly enjoy radrails and have pledged ten bucks.

However, I do this mere minutes before I go to download a daily build of
NetBeans with its hot new rails capabilities (code-completion,
refactoring, etc.)

My co-worker has been using it for a week and says that it beats the
pants off radrails (uh, well, he did say that the svn tool isn’t as good
as subclipse and it doesn’t have the testrunner… gotta have my green
bar!) I’m about to see if I agree.

So, in short, I’m pledging 10 bucks to radrails for the good times it’s
already given me. But I’m not sure radrails has a ghost of a chance to
catch back up to NetBeans at this point.

b


#3

On 3/7/07, Ben M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

So, in short, I’m pledging 10 bucks to radrails for the good times it’s
already given me. But I’m not sure radrails has a ghost of a chance to
catch back up to NetBeans at this point.

thanx a lot!


#4

Well, I gave NetBeans about a half-hour and it’s Ruby comprehension is
excellent (code-completion, being able to ctrl-click on an identifier to
go to it’s declaration).

However, it wouldn’t work with my fink-installed svn at all and kept
squawking about it. I also find the NetBeans UI layout a bit
confounding… though that just takes getting used to.

Still, I’ll definitely keep an eye on their progress… It’s a shame
that RadRails is wandering into oblivion. Seems like the eclipse
foundation should take note and try to allocate some resources to their
“Best Open Source Eclipse-based Developer Tool”-winner.

b


#5

and don’t forget to digg it, it’s the only way to get people attention:
http://digg.com/tech_news/PLEDGE_10_Bucks_to_help_save_RadRails


#6

On 3/8/07, Ben M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Well, I gave NetBeans about a half-hour and it’s Ruby comprehension is
excellent (code-completion, being able to ctrl-click on an identifier to
go to it’s declaration).

However, it wouldn’t work with my fink-installed svn at all and kept
squawking about it.

Had the same issue here. Found a solution on
http://www.koontzfamily.org/david/blog/?p=361, seems you can specify
the SVN path in NB.

On my box it seems like /etc/profile, which normally sets the path,
isn’t loaded when i run NB (unless I start NB from a shell).

HTH,
Isak


#7

Isak H. wrote:

On 3/8/07, Ben M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

However, it wouldn’t work with my fink-installed svn at all and kept
squawking about it.

Had the same issue here. Found a solution on
http://www.koontzfamily.org/david/blog/?p=361, seems you can specify
the SVN path in NB.

Unfortunately, that’s what I tried straight-off… NB just stubbornly
thinks that what’s at /sw/bin/svn isn’t a subversion 1.4.2 executable.

b