Help - how to use date_select in form?

Hello,

This is giving me an error.

Date Sent <%= date_select("receipt","DATESENT") %>

receipt is the controller, datesent is the field

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Frank

Frank:

I think it is because instance variables are available from the
controller in the view but not non instance variables. If I am
talking rubbish here (anyone) feel free to shoot me down. I recall a
similar problem though.

bruce

ok, I’m too new to understand this.
I cannot even get a one text_field to work, I get application
error(rails)

Frank
I think it is because instance variables are available from the
controller in the view but not non instance variables. If I am talking
rubbish here (anyone) feel free to shoot me down. I recall a similar
problem though.

bruce

On 9-Dec-05, at 8:31 AM, Frank wrote:

Hello,