Help GNU Radio with 2 instalations of UHD

Hello everyone,

I installed firstly GNU radio on Ubuntu 18.04 with a help of Synaptic Package Manager, i checked all boxes which i needed: gnuradio, gnuradio-dev, gnuradio-doc, ggrx-sdr a gr-rds.
Everything was alright and working for RTL dongle. Today i switched to USRP B205 mini-i and I followed installation at Ettus (Building and Installing the USRP Open-Source Toolchain (UHD and GNU Radio) on Linux - Ettus Knowledge Base) I installed version v3.15.0.0 of UHD.
When I type uhd_find_devices i have a following respond:

linux; GNU C++ version 7.4.0; Boost_106501; UHD_3.15.0.HEAD-0-gaea0e2de

– UHD Device 0

Device Address:
serial: 31BAA4F
name: B205i
product: B205mini
type: b200

When i run a program in GNU radio I use different version of C++ and UHD, as following:
GNU C++ version 7.3.0; Boost_106501; UHD_003.010.003.000-0-unknown

I’m quite new to the Linux/Ubuntu world and I would highly appreciate if you could help me with that problem to upgrade C++ and UHD versions to be the same for GNU radio and USRP.

Thank you,
Regards Dominik

Is GNU Radio showing the version that was used to build it?

When you build a software it uses a compiler. After built, the software can show the version of the compiler it was built against. The program has no clue about the current version of the compiler you have.

For example, look at cat /proc/version's output. You will see your kernel info with which compiler + compiler version used to build the kernel you are using currently. Even if you uninstall the compiler, you will see the same output. The compiler isn’t needed to run a system or to show the version info.

I think you should rebuild the source code with the updated compiler to see upgraded version in info.
If you have got it from the Ubuntu repository, then you don’t have the freedom to do so because the repo contains already compiled packages.

Don’t worry about the software if that works just fine. There’s no need to worry about seeing different compiler version there.

Another example is that: