What I have is:
- A little wrapper executable which basicly just links to
libruby-static.a and tries to run a specific script.
- Extension, that for now does nothing but try to init GLUT and
- Optionally I can compile the wrapper and extension statically
And I’m on Mac OS X 10.4.4, with ruby 1.8.4
What I get is:
- When using the standard ruby executable or irb, the extension works
- The wrapper executable seems to run other ruby code properly.
- When using the extension through the wrapper (either statically or
by loading dynamically) I get this:
[BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [powerpc-darwin8.4.0]
Line 12 being the last (empty) line of the init script, the script
just puts hello world and tries to init the extension.
What I noticed that loading of the extension itself doesn’t break,
the actual call to glutInit is the offending call!
Is there something I’m missing? Some library that I forgot to link
(but for some reason no compile errors for it)? Some other compile
parameter that I forgot/have to be removed?
Motivation for the wrapper initially is to make a proper .app bundle
for macs, and I know that there is atleast the rubycocoa one also,
I want to get this working also.