Having issue with aws-sdk

Hello
Im, having issues using aws-sdk, Im new to ruby and also need some debug assistance.
Im trying to send sms notifications over AWS sns topic/subscription, Im using example from AWS documentation
but have no luck authenticating from within ruby script.

require ‘aws-sdk-sns’
require ‘aws-sdk-sms’
require ‘yaml’
require ‘aws-sdk-v1’
require ‘aws-sdk-configservice’
require ‘json’

creds = JSON.load(File.read(‘secrets.json’))
Aws.config[:credentials] = Aws::Credentials.new(creds[‘AccessKeyId’], creds[‘SecretAccessKey’])
topic.publish({
})

This does not work either.

AWS.config(access_key_id: ‘XXXXX’, secret_access_key: ‘XXXXXX’, region: ‘us-east-1’)

The code above does not work, nor even if I hardcode the credential, with put I can see creds has the values,
do not know how to put AccessKeyId or SecretAccessKey, they seems to be empty ,Im always getting this error

/usr/local/share/gems/gems/aws-sdk-core-3.44.1/lib/aws-sdk-core/plugins/signature_v4.rb:72:in `sign_request’: unable to sign request without credentials set (Aws::Errors::MissingCredentialsError)

Secrets file

{
“AccessKeyId”: “XXXXXX”,
“SecretAccessKey”: “XXXXX”
}

Creds content

{“AccessKeyId”=>“XXXXXX”, “SecretAccessKey”=>“XXXX”}

The only way to make it work is if I export the variables from bash.

I found how to echo the variable and I can see it has this content, is it seems the secret key is missing.

puts Aws.config.inspect
{:credentials=>#<Aws::Credentials access_key_id=“XXXXXXX”>}

Thanks in advance
Regards

I tried to inject your code myself using my AWS settings and it worked for me.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs