Hanselminutes

Just listened to jimmy on hanselminutes (yeah I know it was a week or 2
ago,
I’m catching up on podcasts) talking about IronRuby.

Congrats on a job well done. Hopefully that will get some more people
interested in IR :slight_smile:

autospec (part of ZenTest gem) does not work for me with Ironruby. Is
this a known issue? I am using a relatively simple example that works
fine on ubuntu with traditional ruby. I’m using 1.0RC1 (version number
on the assembly is out of date).

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>dir lib* spec*
Volume in drive D is FILES
Volume Serial Number is AC2C-C255

Directory of D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial\lib

02/03/2010 01:13 PM .
02/03/2010 01:13 PM …
02/03/2010 11:22 AM 109 user.rb
1 File(s) 109 bytes

Directory of D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial\spec

02/03/2010 01:14 PM .
02/03/2010 01:14 PM …
02/03/2010 01:22 PM 354 user_spec.rb
1 File(s) 354 bytes
2 Dir(s) 125,102,854,144 bytes free

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>ir -v
IronRuby 0.9.3.0 on .NET 2.0.0.0

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>autospec

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>spec --autospec spec

Finished in 0.2330133 seconds

2 examples, 0 failures

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>

you’ll have to do this for the ironruby version.

when RC2 is there it becomes

ir -S autospec

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

Thanks for the response.

I have C:\ironruby\lib\ironruby\gems\1.8\bin\ in my path and can run
spec commands fine.

However, I followed the post anyway, and created iautospec,
iautospec.bat, ispec, and ispec.bat in C:\ironruby\bin

ispec runs fine as does spec, but autospec just returns to the command
line.

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>ispec spec --format specdoc

User

  • should be an any assigned roles
  • should NOT be in any unassigned roles

Finished in 0.2180125 seconds

2 examples, 0 failures

D:\workspace\ruby\rspec_tutorial>iautospec

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Tim H. [email protected] wrote:

[...]

Ironruby-core mailing list

Does autospec use END block? If so, you need the latest IronRuby build
(from source code) where this feature is implemented.

Tomas

<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
[...]

hmm, I hacked my code base - GitHub - BenHall/ironruby: Microsoft's Ruby language compiler that is built on top of the Dynamic Language Runtime.

Basically, autospec launches a sub-process in Kernal.cs - IronRuby
doesn’t\didn’t support this. Pretty sure this was the reason.

If not, let me know as I have it working on my local instance.

Ben

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Tomas M.

The current sources also has a fix for open(“| cmd”) which was discussed
in the attached thread.

[...]

My autotest file is:

Autotest.add_hook :initialize do |at|
%w{.svn .hg .git vendor}.each {|exception|
at.add_exception(exception)}

Again, I don’t think this is the problem, as I can check out this
project
and immediately run autospec under the MRI on ubuntu.
-Tim