From: Yasmeen, Aneela
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:15 AM
To: GNURadio
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] It has begun

Hello GNU Radio Community,

I am Aneela, an MS student at University of Iowa, USA. Though my MS
thesis topic is about Nonlinear Control and Smart power grids;
nevertheless, I enjoy doing coding for GNU Radio in my leisure time.
Recently, my proposal named “Improving GNU Radio Companion (GRC)” has
been accepted into GSoC’13. Therefore, I want to share my writeup with
the community. You can access my proposal using below URL:
http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~ayasmeen/proposal.pdfhttp://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~ayasmeen/proposal.pdf

I am very thankful to GNU Radio developers for their confidence in my
abilities and I will try to put my best efforts in achieving the goals
of this project. It is first time that I am going to work as a developer
rather than an application programmer; therefore, I am quite excited and
I hope I will learn quite a bit from this exercise. Last but not the
least, I will appreciate any valuable feedback from the community
regarding my project.

Aneela

p.s. I haven’t started writing the actual code yet, therefore, I will
share the link to my github repository some time later :slight_smile: