Grextras in "next"

Hi,

I was trying to modify some python blocks, coded using grextras, to use
native gnuradio python block support(as grextras is a standard feature
from 3.6.3). I checked wrappers in gr/gateway.py and gr.block,
set_auto_consume etc seems to be missing. Current grextras suggests
basic_block, synch_block etc are depreciated. Is grextras integrated to
gnuradio different or am I missing something?

Regards
Sreeraj Rajendran
http://home.iitb.ac.in/~rsreeraj

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 07:29:56PM +0800, Sreeraj Rajendran wrote:

I was trying to modify some python blocks, coded using grextras, to use native
gnuradio python block support(as grextras is a standard feature from 3.6.3). I
checked wrappers in gr/gateway.py and gr.block, set_auto_consume etc seems to
be missing. Current grextras suggests basic_block, synch_block etc are
depreciated. Is grextras integrated to gnuradio different or am I missing
something?

Hi Sreeraj,

Python-blocks in next are not identical to those in grextras.
Check the blocks-tutorial on the wiki to get an idea how they look.

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

Thank you Martin. My code is working fine now :).

[...]

Kaiserstrae 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wrttemberg and

On 02/07/2013 05:29 AM, Sreeraj Rajendran wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to modify some python blocks, coded using grextras, to
use native gnuradio python block support(as grextras is a standard
feature from 3.6.3). I checked wrappers in gr/gateway.py and
gr.block, set_auto_consume etc seems to be missing. Current grextras
suggests basic_block, synch_block etc are depreciated. Is grextras
integrated to gnuradio different or am I missing something?

GrExtras features seem to be so crazy but somehow slowly leak into
gnuradio over time. :slight_smile:

So, if you are referencing the grextras the wiki page, I didnt mean to
say that the grextras was deprecated. I know things change at a fast
pace, but since people are using it and I will try to keep it
maintained.

The next branch on grextras has functionally the same blocks on the
master branch, but make use of cool features in my scheduler work. So,
Its kind of a different beast.

Anyway, Im going to keep doing awesome things. Sorry for the confusion!

-josh