Gr-noaa HRPT Receiver

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using the ‘file_rx_hrpt’ program in the
gr-noaa package? I’ve been unsuccessful using it with raw HRPT data
files that I downloaded from NOAA’s website (www.class.ngdc.noaa.gov).
The receiver does not seem to identify any frames.

I would eventually like to process data received by a USRP from the
satellites, but was hoping to first familiarize myself with the general
HRPT receiver flow by using raw data files. If someone could point me
towards an HRPT data file that is verified to work with the receiver or
advise me on how to get the receiver working with the NOAA files, I’d
greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,
Jordan

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for the info! Please let me know when the repositories are up
and running.

Thanks!
Jordan

Hi Jordan,

The file_rx_hrpt needs baseband data as input. The output file is the
demodulated frames file.
To view the final result you’ll need a HRPT viewer.

The data from NOAA class is post processed (ready to be used)

Due to server failure I could have pointed you at our HRPT viewer and
HRPT
GR repository
I’ll get it up shortly…
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/1.7GHz/HRPT/Sept-9-2010/Screenshot-N19-4.png