Gr-dvbt - SSE instruction set not enabled?!

Hi,

not really a gnuradio issue, but maybe one of you has an idea?

When trying to build gr-dvbt, I get his:

ras@ubuntu:~/gr-dvbt/build$ make
[ 1%] Building C object lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-dvbt.dir/d_viterbi.c.o
In file included from /home/ras/gr-dvbt/lib/d_viterbi.h:27:0,
from /home/ras/gr-dvbt/lib/d_viterbi.c:28:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.8/include/xmmintrin.h:31:3: error: #error
“SSE instruction set not enabled”

error “SSE instruction set not enabled”

^
In file included from /home/ras/gr-dvbt/lib/d_viterbi.c:28:0:
/home/ras/gr-dvbt/lib/d_viterbi.h:34:3: error: unknown type name __m128i
__m128i pp; /* Decoded path to this state */

The CPU reports sse and sse2 being available…

Ralph.

Ralph A. Schmid
Mondstr. 10
90762 Frth
+49-171-3631223
[email protected]
http://www.bclog.de/

Did you try -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=-mavx during the cmake?

Ron

BTW, for the other folks here, Bogdan D. YO3IIU
has released his open source implementation of DVB-T.
It’s still a work in progress, but many parameters are
working well. I’ve done some testing of the transmitter
using bladeRF with good results.

http://yo3iiu.ro/blog/?p=1191

Transmitter Python code for bladeRF and test streams here:

http://nuand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3499#p5124

Ron

Hi,

Did you try -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=-mavx during the cmake?

Ron

How could I? I do not know very much about this cmake stuff, but in fact
it did the trick! Thanks a lot, should be mentioned in the readme of
gr-dvbt!

Ralph.

I had mentioned it in the Nuand forum DVB-T thread.

gr-dvbt is being updated daily right now. The 8k carrier
mode and a fix for QPSK were added today.

Ahh, I see, a bit hidden in the thread, I just searched it for SSE.

Great stuff, hopefully I will find some time to test it this weekend.

Ralph.

I had mentioned it in the Nuand forum DVB-T thread.

gr-dvbt is being updated daily right now. The 8k carrier mode and a fix
for
QPSK were added today.

Hi,

On 01/17/2014 09:23 AM, Ron E. wrote:

I had mentioned it in the Nuand forum DVB-T thread.

gr-dvbt is being updated daily right now. The 8k carrier
mode and a fix for QPSK were added today.

Ron,

that’s very cool! I noticed gr-dvbt is not yet part of PyBombs. Could
you take some time and add a recipe?

MB

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Martin B. [email protected]
wrote:

MB

Another good tool that sounds like it will be useful here is VOLK,
which is designed to get us away from issues of using or not using SSE
(and other SIMD) on different processors.

Tom