Gr-dsd?

Hi,

Did one of you out there have any success with gr-dsd, with the dsd grc
block? Maybe some examples are available that one is willing to share?

I am using the bladeRF, get no errors, but also most time noe audio
output, and it looks to me there are not very much values to play with
:slight_smile:

D-Star seems to work somehow, my callsign is decoded, and some strongly
distorted audio. No DMR (repeater with strong signal), no P25 (directly
from my handheld).

What parameters for the NBFM RX block are recommended?

With best regards

Ralph.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
[email protected]wrote:

from my handheld).

What parameters for the NBFM RX block are recommended?

Not recommended at all. The block was made for voice and has a narrow
audio
filter at the output. It will cut off too much of the data signal. Use a
plain FM demodulator without any filters.

Alex

Well, the quadrature demod brings no decoding at all, the NBFM at least
recognizes something.

Ralph.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras

Did one of you out there have any success with gr-dsd, with the dsd grc
block? Maybe some examples are available that one is willing to share?

I am using the bladeRF, get no errors, but also most time noe audio
output, and it looks to me there are not very much values to play with
:slight_smile:

D-Star seems to work somehow, my callsign is decoded, and some strongly
distorted audio. No DMR (repeater with strong signal), no P25 (directly
from my handheld).

What parameters for the NBFM RX block are recommended?

Not recommended at all. The block was made for voice and has a narrow
audio filter at the output. It will cut off too much of the data signal.
Use a plain FM demodulator without any filters.

Alex

The README in gr-trellis says:

The doc directory is not built by default. This is to avoid spurious
build problems on systems that don’t have xmlto installed. If you
have xmlto and its dependencies installed, you can build the html
version of the gr-trellis article by cd’ing to doc and invoking make.

And it worked for me.

– Volker

Am 23.02.2014 15:54, schrieb Tiankun Hu:

Hi experts,
I found a doc “gr-trellis/doc/gr-trellis.xml”, is there anyone know how
to build it to gr-trellis.html?
I found cmake option “ENABLE_DOXYGEN” default is ON, but I did not find
this doc in my doc path “/usr/local/share/doc/gnuradio-3.7.3git/html/”

Thanks
Tiankun

Volker, thanks your help, it works now

-Tiankun

From: “Volker S.”;[email protected];
Date: Sun, Feb 23, 2014 11:49 PM
To: "discuss-gnuradio"[email protected];

Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to enable doc of gr-trellis

The README in gr-trellis says:

The doc directory is not built by default. This is to avoid spurious
build problems on systems that don’t have xmlto installed. If you
have xmlto and its dependencies installed, you can build the html
version of the gr-trellis article by cd’ing to doc and invoking make.

And it worked for me.

– Volker

Am 23.02.2014 15:54, schrieb Tiankun Hu:

OK, now I can decode at least something, the first failing was my fault,
simply did the wrong maths with the resamplers. Still audio is lousy,
sounds
broken and distorted, but at least intelligible, with some effort.

Ralph.

[...]

OK, now I can decode at least something, the first failing was my fault, I
simply did the wrong maths with the resamplers. Still audio is lousy, sounds
broken and distorted, but at least intelligible, with some effort.

DSD should be able to report bit error rate. If it is low, the low
quality audio might just be the decoder.

The DStar audio codec is not publically documented, so the
implementation is purely for reverse engineering and that’s the best
we could come up with ATM.

Cheers,

Sylvain

Hi,

DSD should be able to report bit error rate. If it is low, the low quality audio
might just be the decoder.

I have to check all the outputs later this evening, just used the lunch
break for some quick tests :slight_smile:

The DStar audio codec is not publically documented, so the implementation is
purely for reverse engineering and that’s the best we could come up with
ATM.

Ah, OK. My main purpose is just being able to monitor my own
transmission in DMR, so D* is just a nice add-on.

Cheers,

Sylvain

Ralph.