GR Conference Recording?

Is the any possibility that the GR conference could be video-recorded?
I will not be able to attend this year and I would selfishly like to see
the talks anyway.

Last year, the audio recordings were great, especially since it was the
conefrence’s first year. There are so many that I’d like to see that
don’t even go that far.

There is an outfit called NextDayVideo (http://nextdayvideo.com/), which
I assume many other pythonistas are aware of. They seem to be doing the
video recording for many of the Python conferences, including PyCon and
others. You can find the videos on YouTube and they seem to do an
excellent job of balancing focus between the presenter and the
presentation screen itself. Code and graphics are always very clear.

Their website covers their range of services. Videos are edited live,
so there is very little lag between the talk itself and posting. For
lower budgets, they offer training to confence staff and let them shoot
the video themselves.

I am conscious of the fact that this would be an additional expense and
all that entails. I, speaking for myself, would be willing to pay an
e-registration fee (comparable to the conference registration fee
itself) of some kind to help subsidize the cost. Would others feel the
same way?

Obviously, I’d like to attend in person. I am sure others would too,
but similarly have other obligations that make it impossible. Perhaps
this could also grow the GR community and bring more attention to the
confence in the future? There seem to be more videos every year and I
know I have benefited from them. The GR Conference seems to be a great
opportunity to grab some new content.

I apologize if this sounds like a sales pitch. As I said, I am just
selfishly trying to attend the conference in any way I can. If it helps
other too - bonus!

Thanks.

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Dan CaJacob [email protected] wrote:

Obviously, I’d like to attend in person. I am sure others would too, but
similarly have other obligations that make it impossible. Perhaps this could also
grow the GR community and bring more attention to the confence in the future?
There seem to be more videos every year and I know I have benefited from them.
The GR Conference seems to be a great opportunity to grab some new content.

I apologize if this sounds like a sales pitch. As I said, I am just selfishly
trying to attend the conference in any way I can. If it helps other too - bonus!

Thanks.

Dan,

Yes, I am hoping that all of the talks are recorded on video. I will
be working with the conference center this week to see what we can
actually accomplish. My hope is to just use their A/V team to handle
the setup and recording. We’ll take the videos and publish them
somehow/somewhere. I hope to know more about this soon (what we can
expect for video files, formats, etc.).

Thanks for the pointer, though! I’ll keep it in mind.

Tom

Eagerly waiting for the videos…

Regards
Sreeraj Rajendran

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 01:14:38PM +0800, sreeraj r wrote:

Eagerly waiting for the videos…

+1

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and