GR Conference Dates

The GNU Radio conference has been scheduled for September 14 - 16,
2011. We will start after lunch at 1 PM on Wednesday and end 5 PM on
Friday.

I am currently planning on having some space reserved on Saturday for
an informal hack session.

The conference will be held in Levine Hall of the University of
Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.

There will be plenty more information to come about location, hotels,
transportation, etc., but you can use this to start planning.

After looking at the feedback from everyone, this time seemed like not
only the best time of the week but also the best dates. As per a
previous suggestion (from Jens, if I recall), this occurs right after
PIMRC in Toronto, so hopefully anyone in this general area of the
world for that could piggyback onto that trip. I recognize that this
won’t work for everyone, but hopefully with this lead time, many of
you can plan your schedules accordingly.

Please let me know if you are planning and able to attend. The better
idea that I have for the number of people coming, the smoother a
process I can make this. I know that cost is going to be a factor for
many of you, and I’m afraid that I can’t speculate as to what it will
be costing at this point. My intention is that the conference is
designed to not make any money, and so cost for attending will be
based on the cost of putting it together. For that, the more people
who I know can make it, the better I can estimate the registration
fee. I expect/hope that it will not be too much (expect travel and
hotel costs to outweigh the fee).

Thanks,
Tom

Hello,

Thanks for posting the information. I am planning on going and it looks
like I can take the train. In early March I am going to the Winter SWL
Fest up in Plymouth Meeting, PA.

73 Eric
There will be plenty more information to come about location, hotels,
Please let me know if you are planning and able to attend. The better
Thanks,
Tom

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

----- End Original Message -----

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Eric C. [email protected]
wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for posting the information. I am planning on going and it looks like I
can take the train. In early March I am going to the Winter SWL Fest up in
Plymouth Meeting, PA.

73 Eric

Great, Eric! See you there.

And, yes, getting into and out of Philadelphia by train is very easy
(up and down the East coast, at least). I use it all the time to get
around from here to NY, DC, etc.

Tom