Gr-ais fails?

Hi,

with latest UHD and Gnuradio built from sources, gr-ais throws this
error
when callin ais_rx:

ras@ubuntu:~$ ais_rx

linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400;
UHD_003.008.002-143-g8c20712d

– Operating over USB 3.

– Initialize CODEC control…

– Initialize Radio control…

– Performing register loopback test… pass

– Performing register loopback test… pass

– Performing CODEC loopback test… pass

– Performing CODEC loopback test… pass

– Asking for clock rate 32.000000 MHz…

– Actually got clock rate 32.000000 MHz.

– Performing timer loopback test… pass

– Performing timer loopback test… pass

– Setting master clock rate selection to ‘automatic’.

– Tune Request: 162.000000 MHz

– The RF LO does not support the requested frequency:

– Requested LO Frequency: 162.000000 MHz

– RF LO Result: 162.000000 MHz

– Attempted to use the DSP to reach the requested frequency:

– Desired DSP Frequency: -0.000000 MHz

– DSP Result: -0.000000 MHz

– Successfully tuned to 162.000000 MHz

Tuned to 162.000MHz

Setting gain to 38

Gain is 38

Rate is 250000

Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/local/bin/ais_rx”, line 23, in

main()

File “/usr/local/bin/ais_rx”, line 18, in main

tb = ais.radio.ais_radio(options)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/radio.py”, line 88,
in
init

self._rx_paths = (ais_rx(161.975e6 - 162.0e6, options.rate, "A"),

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/radio.py”, line 63,
in
init

self.demod = ais.ais_demod(options) #ais_demod takes in complex

baseband
and spits out 1-bit unpacked bitstream

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/ais_demod.py”, line
37,
in init

self.preamble_detect = digital.msk_correlate_cc(self.preamble, 0.4,

self._samples_per_symbol)

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘msk_correlate_cc’

ras@ubuntu:~$

Any ideas what is wrong?

Ralph.

Did you also clean and rebuild gr-ais?

On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:19, Martin B. [email protected] wrote:

Did you also clean and rebuild gr-ais?

On 29.03.2015 08:53, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
[…]

self.preamble_detect = digital.msk_correlate_cc(self.preamble, 0.4,

self._samples_per_symbol)

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘msk_correlate_cc’

I hit this myself just recently.

Apparently, trunk gr-ais is too new: it requires a block
gnuradio.digital.msk_correlate_cc, which was proposed but not yet
merged:

I, too, would like to use gr-ais and hope this problem gets resolved
soon (either by gnuradio accepting the patch or gr-ais offering a stable
branch).

Kevin R. http://switchb.org/kpreid/

Yes, this is my fault. I’ve been catastrophically lazy about removing
the
commits to gr-ais’s trunk in order to make it work with mainline GR,
because I’ve been hoping things would have been integrated sooner. Tell
you
what, I’ll create a branch of gr-ais which just includes the required
blocks, in-tree, and push that to the trunk until we get all the GR work
sorted out. It’s going to take me some time though.

–n

Yes, I did, even deleted the gr-ais folder and loaded a completely new
git
repo…

Ralph.

Hey, thanks a lot! I will give it a shot when finished, maybe I will be
in reach of some ships them again.

Ralph.

Yes, this is my fault. I’ve been catastrophically lazy about removing
the commits to gr-ais’s trunk in order to make it work with mainline GR,
because I’ve been hoping things would have been integrated sooner. Tell
you what, I’ll create a branch of gr-ais which just includes the
required blocks, in-tree, and push that to the trunk until we get all
the GR work sorted out. It’s going to take me some time though.

–n

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Kevin R. <[email protected]
mailto:[email protected] > wrote:

On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:19, Martin B. <[email protected]
mailto:[email protected] > wrote:

Did you also clean and rebuild gr-ais?

On 29.03.2015 08:53, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
[…]

self.preamble_detect = digital.msk_correlate_cc(self.preamble, 0.4,

self._samples_per_symbol)

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘msk_correlate_cc’

I hit this myself just recently.

Apparently, trunk gr-ais is “too new”: it requires a block
gnuradio.digital.msk_correlate_cc, which was proposed but not yet
merged:

I, too, would like to use gr-ais and hope this problem gets resolved
soon (either by gnuradio accepting the patch or gr-ais offering a
“stable branch”).

Kevin R. http://switchb.org/kpreid/

Just FYI, I’ve added the things I needed to add to get gr-ais working
against mainline Gnuradio again. I’ve tested with USRP1 and N210 and it
works OK here. More testing is of course welcome.

–n

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
[email protected]

Great, I will do a basic test later, to see if the application starts.
Just no ships here around, real reception trials have to wait :slight_smile:

Ralph.