Good RoR Oursourcing company

We are a startup in the US and want an application built in RoR. We
area all business people and not IT people and we aren’t ready to
bring software development in house.

Anyone have good experiences with outsourced RoR development?

Any suggestions of good RoR outsource companies we should contact?

Any ones we should stay away from?

Thanks!

Bill

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

You can take a try to outsource your project on www.taskcity.com. It is
said
that their outsourcing service is pretty good.

2009/12/29 Bill B. [email protected]

Thanks!
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Sincerely,
Lei G.
Your Global Outsourcing Platform – www.taskcity.com

Email: [email protected]
Website: www.taskcity.com
Phone: 1371-857-3581

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Bill B.
[email protected]wrote:

We are a startup in the US and want an application built in RoR. We
area all business people and not IT people and we aren’t ready to
bring software development in house.

Anyone have good experiences with outsourced RoR development?

You’ll probably find a lot of RoR development is outsourced, whether to
local agencies or contractors, or internationally. You might want to try
a
directory like one of the following:

http://www.railsdevelopment.com/
http://freelance.railsdevelopment.com/
http://www.workingwithrails.com/

To find firms or developers meeting your requirements. It would also be
worth ensuring that even if you don’t have development experience
internally
you do do some basic training (whether with the developers you hire or
others) so you have a good sense of how to manage the project, what to
expect of the developers, etc. That’s particularly important if the
developers are some distance away and so unable to do regular
face-to-face
demos.

James.


James S. - Web D.
http://www.ketlai.co.uk

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

“Find a developer
you like, and let him choose (or at least have input into) the
technology.”

I disagree.

Never let the developer dictate the technology. Choose whats right for
the
company in the short/medium and long term. What if the company/client
gets
duped into using some guy that only develops in Erlang? Yeah, ok, I dont
know many developers who do, but i’ve come across similar situations
before.

Why do so many big coporates choose Microsoft technology? Answer: The
availability of relatively cheap, fairly good, developers at a drop of a
hat.

Just my 2 cents…

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email protected]wrote:

technology.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Bill B. wrote:

We are a startup in the US and want an application built in RoR. We
area all business people and not IT people and we aren’t ready to
bring software development in house.

Then why have you chosen Rails already? Sure, it’s a fabulous set of
technologies, but if none of you are technical folks, then you probably
shouldn’t be making technical decisions of this sort. Find a developer
you like, and let him choose (or at least have input into) the
technology.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Johan De Klerk wrote:

“Find a developer
you like, and let him choose (or at least have input into) the
technology.”

I disagree.

Never let the developer dictate the technology. Choose whats right for
the
company in the short/medium and long term.

Right – with significant input from the developer. Business people
shouldn’t be making tech decisions without technical input. The reverse
is also true.

What if the company/client
gets
duped into using some guy that only develops in Erlang?

If he’s the best guy for the job, and if Erlang is a good tool for the
job, what’s wrong with that? Remember back in 2004 when these guys in
Chicago began developing Web apps in a language no one had heard of
outside Japan? :wink:

(FWIW, Facebook has some features written in Erlang.)

Yeah, ok, I dont
know many developers who do, but i’ve come across similar situations
before.

What do you consider a similar situation?

Why do so many big coporates choose Microsoft technology? Answer: The
availability of relatively cheap, fairly good, developers at a drop of a
hat.

As I understand, MS developers are not cheap. Many of them are not that
good either. :slight_smile: I think in many cases, the choice of MS technologies is
probably due to business people dictating technologies. (There’s also
the fact that lots of people don’t know about anything non-MS.)

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Just my 2 cents…

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email protected]wrote:

technology.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Try this: http://www.kiranatama.com/ :slight_smile:

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Johan De Klerk
[email protected]wrote:

I disagree.
How can business people make any reasonable tech decisions if they dont

[email protected]



For more options, visit this group at
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


David A. Prasetya
Ruby on Rails developer
@ http://kiranatama.com - a Ruby on Rails outsourcing company

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

On Dec 29, 1:39 pm, Johan De Klerk [email protected] wrote:

Why do so many big coporates choose Microsoft technology?

Management by magazine.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Marnen, again, thanks for the input.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email protected]wrote:

Right – with significant input from the developer. Business people
shouldn’t be making tech decisions without technical input. The reverse
is also true.

How can business people make any reasonable tech decisions if they dont
have
technical knowledge? The challenge facing most small/medium sized
companies
with no in house IT staff, (outsourcing all work to development houses
with
excellent sales teams)
is the problem of choosing who to trust. Very few contractors (at least
in
this country) deliver products viable in the long term.

Just saying, some developers are so set in their ways they don’t consider
the best tool for the job. They use the tool they know best.

(FWIW, Facebook has some features written in Erlang.)

Yeah, ok, I dont
know many developers who do, but i’ve come across similar situations
before.

What do you consider a similar situation?

Ever had the misfortune of inheriting a antique Perl or PHP or ASP
system?
Nuf said.

MS developers are a dime a dozen. (at least here they are). Hell, I can
get
a Senior Dev C# job tmrw, even though I have not used MS technology in
about
4 years. In fact, I got a call from an agent just the other day… maybe
it’s just my location.

[email protected]wrote:
[email protected][email protected]
“Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected][email protected]
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Visit www.hamaramatrimony.com click astrology predictions link . Check
the
performance of our site built with ROR. contact
[email protected]
I will provide all the details .
Thanks
Dhana sekaran

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM, raghubetter [email protected]
wrote:


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

I have certain answers for you. Let me know if you are interested in
communicating at [email protected]
We can surely take ahead the discussion and make sure you are getting
the right thing done from right people.

On Dec 29, 11:14 pm, Marnen Laibow-Koser [email protected] wrote:

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koserhttp://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.