There are several documents out and about on how to get Gnuradio built
and running on MacOSX.
I found it quite a bit easier than some of these documents indicated. I
was able to get Python 2.4.3 automatically installed. WxPython
automatically installed. Both of these were from dmg packages available
for download from the Python and wxPython sites respectively. The nice
thing about the wxPython dmg is that it contains a prebuilt wxwidgets
Portaudio was downloaded using the new svn download
./configure;make; sudo make install
was done and it just plain comes up and works. PERIOD, end of story.
darwinports is absolutely imperative
I installed gcc-4.1.0, and the usual Numeric, libusb, etc. from the
build_install list at
and then entire thing (with the exception of the “for tars only” bug I
talked about in an earlier message) just plain built.
I went to
and edited multi_tone.py and changed
from gnuradio import audio
from gnuradio import audio_portaudio
down further in the file I changed
dst = audio.sink (sample_rate,
dst = audio_portaudio.sink (sample_rate,
and it ran with the usual tones.
Then I did the same changes in
I did ./usrp_wfm_rcv_pll.py -f 93.3 -V -4
and WMMR came out of the speakers and the display was as the attached.
It all just worked.
Because of the lack of use of altivec, it consumes one of the
processors to 90% in my dual G5 doing the receiver and display. This is
not a low overhead application.